The Scrappy Strips technique has been very popular lately. My card for today has a little of that. I made this card on a Facebook Live for the NC Demos Facebook group. I'll share the video at the end of my post.
Start with a base of Gorgeous Grape that is 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 and folded at 4 1/4.
Now you'll need a piece of Whisper White card stock that is 4 1/4 x 3 1/4. I used strips of Purple Posy and Highland Heather that were around 3/4" to 1" wide and around 4" in length. Using a trimmer, angle one side of each strip. Glue them to the white paper. I like to start at the bottom and work my way up. Continue until the whole front is covered. I did try this using the Adhesive Sheets. I found that I like the mobility of the glue. You can adjust if you do it quickly. Cut this out using the Stitched So Sweetly dies. I used the largest rectangle.
Line the largest stamp from the Happiest of Birthdays on the Stamparatus so that it would be centered on this panel. Stamp with Gorgeous Grape. You may need to stamp more than once for a good dark impression. Put Foam Adhesive Strips around the panel. Adhere later.
There will be a 4 x 5 1/4 piece of Whisper White for the card base. You will use the Basket of Blooms stamp set. Use the scrappy strips panel to lay down and help you determine where you need flowers and leaves. I put some near each corner. Stamp the flowers in Memento Black and the leaves in Old Olive. Color these in using Light and Dark Highland Heather, Dark Mango Melody, and Light Old Olive. Run this paper through with the Tasteful Textile Embossing Folder.
Stamp, color, and cut (with snips) 2 flowers and 2 leaves on scrap white. Add these to the front panel.
Add the panel to the center of the card front.
Here is my Facebook Live making this card.
I love all the purples, with the white and green. That might be my favorite color combination for now!
Find information about my Incentive Program. Download Luv 2 Create incentive
Order here. Use Host Code: MRKGDUUQ.
- An email address is required to participate; Bonus Days coupon codes can be delivered only via email.
- If a participant earns multiple codes from a single order, they will receive one email with multiple codes. If they earn multiple codes from multiple orders, they will receive separate emails for each code earned.
- All order types qualify for this promotion. Fax and email orders still require an email address.
- Orders that are started before the promotion begins will not go toward earning coupon codes.
- There is no limit to the number of coupon codes participants can earn per order or throughout the duration of the Bonus Days earning period.