I had Stampin' Bingo at my home this past Saturday. I'll add a few pictures at the end of my post today. We all had a lot of fun. At my Bingo, we have a seat gift, door prizes, Bingo prizes, 2 Make & Takes, and food, of course! One of the Make & Takes used the Ride With Me bundle. My project is a simple one since time is a bit of a factor. Each person gets a baggie with everything needed. I did go ahead and cut out the truck with the Truck Ride dies. I needed a piece of Real Red cardstock that measured 4 1/2 x 6. You can get 2 out of a sheet of cardstock with enough left over for fenders. I also stamped the windows, front grill, and the back in Memento Black.
Of course, if you are going to stamp on the truck, take note that it will be impossible once it is put together. You could add other decor later, but I found it easier to add all of that before you put the truck together. Here are a few suggestions.
- Use your Bone Folder to burnish each fold line and tags. It just makes everything so much easier.
- Stamp anything you need before you put the truck together.
- I stamped the windows again on Gray Granite. Fussy cut. I stamped the tires, too. Cut the tires with the dies. You can cut two at a time. Use a Dark Basic Black Blend or Stampin' Right Marker to color the tires.
- The fenders are stamped in black on Real Red cardstock. You will need 2 for each side of the truck. There is a die for each side of the truck since they face in a different direction.
- For the headlights, I used a regular hole punch and Daffodil Delight cardstock. Mount each on a glue dot.
- Use glue to adhere the parts of the truck. When gluing hold for a few seconds until set. The good thing about glue is that it does have a little give for a few seconds.
I colored the inside of the tires. It would probably be best to color the tires themselves.
For the treat I filled a bag with three of the peanut butter bars. I thought these candies would be a good thing for a truck since they look like logs. Alass, they were too big. This truck is not a big truck! Since I had already purchased the candy, I made it work. Tie with Braided Linen Thread. I also tied some of the Leaf Ribbon. I thought it would work in well.
The saying on the tag, was stamped using the Ride with Me stamp set. I masked the top part of the saying with tape and stamped the bottom. Cut out with the Stitched Nested Labels. Tie with Linen Thread.
I used a few glue dots to anchor the bag in the truck. I will tell you that the bag is a little heavy and just might tip the truck back. Add a little weight under the hood!
I have a video showing how to put the truck together. I think pictures just might be better than words. I hope you find it helpful!
So here are a few pictures of our Stampin' Bingo.
Thanks for stamping with me today. If you need any supplies, please consider me as your demonstrator.
Follow my Facebook Business Page here.
Follow my Pinterest Boards here.
Search Luv 2 Create with Jo Anne Hewins for Youtube. Subscribe and ring the bell.
Subscribe to my Tuesday newsletter from blog.
Order here. Use Host Code: T4P3D7XJ
The Stamping Around the World Tutorial for June is now available. This month we have 13 tutorials from demonstrators from around the world! This can be yours free with a $50 online order from me. Please use the Host Code T4P3D7XJ. Once I receive notice from Stampin' Up! of your order, I will email the tutorial to you. You may also purchase this tutorial for $15 through me. Let me know if you are interested. Shop here.