It's those sunglasses. That's what drew me to the Pocketful of Sunshine stamp set. My other inspiration is attributed to my reading glasses. I'm just going to admit it. I need reading glasses. I've always been able to see up close. Far away was my problem. When I had lasik about 10 years ago I had one eye for up close and one for far away. It's catching up with me now so I need prescription reading glasses. I say good bye to the dollar reading glasses with sadness. Now, my problem is that if I'm upstairs, my glasses are down, and if I'm downstairs, my glasses are upstairs. That's when I started thinking maybe I need on of those cords that would allow me to wear them around my neck. How bad would that be? With all that explanation, here's my card for today.
This was my swap card for my local Southern Belles group. That's a small group of demos that meets at Wendy's once a month to eat, swap, laugh, and discuss Stampin' Up! business and our lives. This card was so much fun to make.
- The card base is Basic Black card stock measuring 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 and scored at 4 1/4.
- The next layer is Shimmery White card stock cut at 3 3/4 x 5.
- The sentiment is stamped in Versamark and embossed with Silver Emboss Powder. Don't forget to use your Embossing Buddy first.
- Using the Layering Circles Framelits, cut a circle from Fabulous Foil Designer Acetate. This acetate looks silver on one side and gold on the other. Adhere this circle with glue dots. I put some where I knew the glasses would cover them and also behind some of the silver circles.
- The glasses are cut from Silver Glimmer Paper using the Pocket Framelits Dies. Stamp the glasses again on Basic Black and fussy cut the lenses. I wanted the lenses to be shiny so I used the Fine Tip Glue Pen. Just cover the entire piece of paper and allow to dry. Try to keep the surface as smooth as possible. Squeeze the glue slowly to keep down air bubbles. It leaves a beautiful shine. Use glue dots to put them on the glasses. Attach some of the Silver Mini Sequin Trim with glue dots to the glasses. Roll up glue dots and put them behind the silver trim here and there to stabilize it on the card.
- The rays are cut from the Silver Glimmer Paper with the Pocket Framelit Dies. To adhere, I again rolled up glue dots for the back.
- Rhinestones Basic Jewels fill in a few of the spaces left on the card.
Here's the inside of the card. Of course the sentiment had to be embossed in silver. It came from the Just Add Text stamp set. Add just a little more of the Silver Mini Sequin Trim.
I made six of these for the group. It's really pretty in person when you can see all the shine! I bet you have that friend that just dazzles. They'll appreciated the bling! Meanwhile, I just might be out looking for one of those cords for my glasses!
Thanks for stopping by today. I'd love for you to follow my Facebook page here. Don't forget the Bonus Days. You get a $5 coupon to use in August for every $50 you spend in July. Treat yourself! Click below in the Product List to go to my online store. Thanks!