Beautiful Bouquet for the Color Fusers Blog Hop
July 03, 2017
It's time for another Color Fusers Blog Hop!
Today we are using Dapper Denim, Soft Sky, Lemon Lime Twist, and Whisper White. I just love this color combination! I'm combining the Pocketful of Sunshine Bundle and the Beautiful Bouquet Bundle. We have a pocket of posies.
I've been thinking that the herringbone pattern from the Coffee Break Designer Series Paper would be perfect for the pocket. That was my starting point.
- The card base is Dapper Denim cut at 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 and scored at 4 1/4.
- The Whisper White layer measures 4 x 5 1/4. Emboss it with the new Garden Trellis Embossing Folder. This folder is so pretty! I love the elegant look of it.
- Stamp the pocket on the herringbone paper in Dapper Denim. Add the pocket detail. Cut this out with the matching framelit from the Pocket Framelit Dies. Fold back the tabs made by the die and glue the pocket to the card.
- The tag is stamped in Dapper Denim using the Beautiful Bouquet stamp set. Punch this out with the 1 1/4 inch Circle Punch. Punch a Lemon Lime Twist frame using the 1 3/8 inch Circle Punch. Adhere together and attach to the card with dimensionals.
- The rest of this project uses the Bouquet Bunch Framelits Dies. The leaves for this project were cut from Lemon Lime Twist. These were placed behind where the flowers would go. I did add a few sprigs to the front when the flowers were down.
- The smaller cluster of flowers was cut out in Dapper Denim card stock. I cut out two. The larger cluster of flowers was cut from Soft Sky card stock, cutting out two. The smaller flower was stamped in Dapper Denim on Soft Sky paper. The larger flower was stamped in Soft Sky on Whisper White paper. The center is stamped in Dapper Denim. The clusters were glued to the paper and the flowers are on dimensionals. You really just have to play with it until you are happy!
Here's the inside of the card. The sentiment is from the Beautiful Bouquet stamp set. Additional cut outs from the front are added.
I love how this card turned out. The colors are just perfect! I won't lie to you. This took time. Of course now you have the planning done for you!
I hope you will continue on our Color Fusers Blog Hop. This is a very talented group. I know you'll want to check this color combination out!
COLOR FUSERS TEAM LINKS – JULY 2017
- Heather Osborn
- Paola Phillips
- Jo Anne Hewins You are here.
- Melissa Kerman
- Robin Messenheimer
- Pat Ertman
- Debbie Henderson
- Cindee Wilkinson
- Sarah Wills
- Barb Mullikin
- Tammy Civello
This is a fabulous card showcasing our color challenge beautifully!
Posted by: Debbie Henderson | July 03, 2017 at 05:28 PM
So pretty, especially with the new embossing folder in the background. You did a great job with these challenge colors!
Posted by: Robin Messenheimer | July 03, 2017 at 05:40 PM
Posted by: Pat Ertman | July 03, 2017 at 06:08 PM
The Pocketful of Sunshine is one of my favorites from this catalog. Adding the flowers to go inside the pocket was a great idea.
Posted by: Cindee Wilkinson | July 03, 2017 at 07:31 PM
I adore this card! The flowers are beautiful.
Posted by: Heather | July 03, 2017 at 07:59 PM
Oh my gosh I LOVE how the flowers are popping out of the pocket - gorgeous card :-)
Posted by: Sarah Wills | July 03, 2017 at 08:12 PM
Great card Jo Anne!
Posted by: Melissa Kerman | July 05, 2017 at 10:12 PM