I have a new neighbor and I'm so happy to have her next door. The At Home with You stamp set is perfect for a new neighbor. I also got the new Embossing Paste and this was a perfect time to try it out. Here's the card.
Isn't it cute? The Embossing Paste is really easy to use. Here are the details.
- The card base is Cajun Craze measuring 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 and scored at 4 1/4.
- The next layer is Smoky Slate card stock cut at 4 x 5 1/4. Use the brick mask from the Pattern Party Decorative Masks. Take a little of the Embossing Paste and put it on your Silicone Craft Sheet from page 203. Mix in a drop of Cajun Craze Ink Refill. I left space at the bottom of this layer for the porch of the house. Lay down the mat and, using one of the Palette Knives, spread the paste evenly over the mask. Mine isn't perfect. I don't really think that matters. I didn't put any paste in the section that would be covered by the door. Set aside to dry while you clean your supplies. This paste does not take long to dry. Rinse with warm soapy water the mat, silicone mat, and knife before it dries on there. By the time this is done you are ready to complete your card.
- Stamp the door on Basic Gray card stock in Memento Black ink. Go ahead and stamp the light fixtures and the welcome mat. Cut out using the At Home Framelits. The door also has the window cut out and some So Saffron card stock put behind. For the lights, stamp again on some white and on some So Saffron. Cut out the candle stick and the flame. Glue on. It's a little tedious but it makes a big difference. The door and lights are on dimensionals. The doormat is not.
- The plants are from the At Home with You stamp set. After cutting with the framelits, trim off the pumpkins and color as you please with Stampin' Write markers. I used So Saffron, Chocolate Chip, and Wild Wasabi. Use dimensionals to adhere.
- The sign at the top and the words are from At Home with You. I thought they looked cute on the door.
Here's the inside of the card.
Simple. The sentiment is from At Home with You. The balloon is from Happy Birthday, Gorgeous.
It was my first time using At Home with You and the Embossing Paste. I'm really happy with how it turned out. Time to deliver my card. She told me she is not into card making. Maybe I can change her mind!
Don't forget about Bonus Days! For every $50 you spend in July, you get a coupon for $5 to spend in August.