This past weekend the NC Stampin' Up! Demo group met for one of its famous Quarterlies. This one was held at the Haw River State Park. Wow! So beautiful and peaceful. It's so good to meet up with new friends, visit, swap, stamp, and there was maybe a lot of laughter. I really look forward to these get togethers. Let me thank Karen Culler and her group for a great time. It was a lot of hard work for you and we all appreciate it!
As I mentioned swapping is a big part of our meetings. I took part in the full card, new stuff card swap. Later in the week, I'll be sharing some of the swaps I received. They are fantastic! NC has a LOT of talented people! That's for sure. Today I'll be sharing the swap card that I made. First of all, this card was a lot of work. I probably would not use it for a swap. I had to make 31 of these! It's not difficult, but there is a lot of Big Shot cutting.
- Start with a card base of Dapper Denim. It's cut at 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 and scored at 4 1/4.
- Each card has 3 leaves cut from Tranquil Tide. There is a solid layer and the intricate layer. I glued them together. I'll just be honest and tell you I used the 2 Way Glue Pen that is no longer available. I love that pen! I wish I had hoarded them! In my product list, I'll put the Fine-Tip Glue Pen.
- The banner is cut from the Eastern Palace Designer Series Paper. You can get it now if you purchase the Eastern Palace Starter bundle or the Eastern Palace Premier bundle. Details will be in the product list. Cut the paper 1 1/4 x 4. Notch the end.
- You'll also need to cut a Very Vanilla circle using the Stitched Shapes Framelits Dies.
- Using the Lovely Words Thinlits Dies cut out the hugs in Dapper Denim. Snip it out of the circle. Hint: since you are only using the word, use scraps that fit that. Adhere the word to the vanilla circle.
- The stamped words are from the Lovely Inside & Out stamp set. Stamp on vanilla scrap in denim. Snip around them.
- You are ready to assemble your parts. Finish off with a Linen Thread bow.
The sentiment on the in side of the card is from the Colorful Seasons stamp set. For the leaf, stamp off the solid leaf (Tranquil Tide) and stamp the veined image full strength.
This is a great card for anyone. Wouldn't you like to get a hug in the mail? I know I would. Thanks for coming by today.