A friend commissioned me to make a birthday card for her grandson. He loves pirates! This is the card.
Didn't it turn out great! I started by searching Pinterest and there is was.
This card was posted in May of 2014. You can see the original post here. It's by Melissa Cochran.
I love punch art! We are starting to get away from punches it seems with all of the framelits and thinlits. I love punches! So here's how I made this updated version.
- The card base is Dapper Denim 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 and scored at 4 1/4.
- By the Shore is the designer paper of choice. I cut three different pieces measuring 1 3/4 x 4 and adhered them to the base. The diagonal piece is cut 1 x 4 3/4. I glued it to a piece of white scrap paper to give it more substance. Lay it at an angle and trim to fit the card base. Adhere with dimensionals, but first wrap the piece 3 times with Linen Thread. Tie a double piece around and knot.
- The flags are glued to trimmed off coffee stir sticks. They measure 1 x 1 1/2 and notch the ends.
- The pirate heads are punched from an old card stock called Blush Blossom. I keep it and use it just for skin. I'm about to run out of it! Help! Use the 2" circle punch. The same punch was used to make the scarf. Just cut it in half. The bow for the scarf is made from the Blossom Builder punch. The ears are from the 1/2" circle punch. Add a little rhinestone at one ear. He has to have bling! Right? The patch uses the 1/2" circle punch. The white of the eye is the same size. The pupil uses a circle punch that is retired. I think it was part of a punch pack at the time. Add a little white to the pupil. The mouth is stamped using a stamp from the Cool Treats stamp set. The faces are adhered with dimensionals.
- The sentiment is from Big on Birthdays stamped in Calypso Coral on Very Vanilla.
Here's the inside of the card. The sentiment is from the Window Shopping stamp set. I also added another pirate. I hope Finley enjoys his card and has a wonderful birthday!
I'm so glad you stopped by today. Come back! Let me know what you think about my update of the pirate card.Product List