Welcome to the NC Demo Blog Hop for April. This month we are honoring women. When I think of women, I think of all of my stamping friends and how lucky I am to have them in my life. Stamping has truly been a blessing to me.
My card today uses the stamp set Eastern Beauty and the Eastern Medallion Framelits Dies from the Eastern Palace Suite. This suite will be available for preorder for everyone beginning May 1st. Here's my card.
There are several sneak peeks today. You know that the new 2017-2018 annual catalog will begin on June 1st. There are so many great new products to see.
- The card base is Daffodil Delight. It measures 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 and is scored at 4 1/4 to make the standard size card.
- The patterned paper will be new. It's called Delightful Daisy. The top part measures 4 x 4. It's a Night of Navy print. The bottom measures 2 x 4. It's Old Olive. Tear just a little from the top. Make sure to make the leaves go up.
- The stem is from the same paper pack. Cut it 1/2 x 2 1/2 and fold a little in from each side. Glue it down. This gives the stem just a little dimension.
- For the flower, cut two of the medallions from Daffodil Delight card stock. You will need to clip them out from the paper. Use snips and cut close to the circle. Off set the two medallions and use dimensionals to adhere them.
- The center of the flower is made using two of the smaller medallions. Just place one inside the other when cutting them out with the Big Shot. The Magnetic Plate is a big help! Use Early Espresso. Once done, punch out the whole circle with the 2 inch circle punch. Punch another circle from Soft Suede. Mount the two. Mount onto the center of the sunflower.
- The leaf is cut using the Rose Garden Thinlit Dies from Old Olive card stock. Mount on the patterned paper with the Fine-Tip Glue Pen. Trim away the excess with your snips.
- Adhere the sunflower and the leaves.
- The sentiment is from the Eastern Beauty stamp set. Stamp in Night of Navy on Whisper White. It's cut out with the Lots of Labels Framelits Dies.
- The bow is made using another new product. It's the 1/4 inch Copper Trim. This is a lovely ribbon. Attach with a glue dot.
Here's the inside of the card. The stamps are from Eastern Beauty. Use Daffodil Delight and Night of Navy.
I can't think of a single woman who wouldn't deserve this card! Share the love.
Please continue on the hop. Michelle is next. You don't want to miss it! There are lots of great cards and ideas for you!
April Blog Hoppers