In a former post, I was talking about how hard it is to cut the designer series paper. It's even harder to cut the specialty designer series paper. The specialty paper is usually printed on one side. It has metallic or shiny parts to the paper. Two of the papers for Tasty Treats have a cool shiny aspect to it. I used the shiny strawberries and cherries paper here. Today I'm going to use the piece of paper with the shiny ice cream.
Not only am I using the other specialty paper from Tasty Treats, I'm using the same sketch. I want you to see how different the two cards can look. Most of the directions are the same for this card.
- The base of the card is Peekaboo Peach measuring 5 1/2 x 8 1/2, score at 4 1/4.
- The Chocolate Chip layer is 3 3/4 x 5.
- The patterned paper is cut 3 5/8 x 4 7/8.
- The strip of patterned paper is 1/2 x 3 3/4.
- Use the Stitched Shapes Framelits dies to cut a circle from Whisper White.
- The dots on the circle are from the Cool Treats stamp set. They are stamped in Crumb Cake.
- The cone is cut using the Frozen Treats Framelits Dies. Sponge it in Crumb Cake.
- Cut the ice cream from Watermelon Wonder and stamp the swirls in the same color ink.
- Attach the cone and ice cream using dimensionals.
- The circle is also attached with dimensionals.
- The sentiment is from the set Tasty Trucks and is stamped in Chocolate Chip. Notch the end. Put half dimensionals on each end and attach over the ice cream.
- Add a Linen Thread bow.
The inside of the card has a sentiment from Cool Treats. The ice cream cone is cut just as the front and glued on. Add the dots in Crumb Cake.
Now, here are the two cards again side by side. They both use the Tasty Treats Specialty Designer Series Paper and the same sketch. They really do look very different.
Now that I have cut into the specialty paper, I can tell you that every piece of the patterned paper in Tasty Treats is wonderful. I don't often use every bit of a pack of paper. This pack is almost gone! I just love it!
Today is the last day of Sale-a-Bration. Did you know that you can get the Tasty Treats Specialty Designer Series Paper for FREE with a qualifying purchase? Enter code # 147364.
Thanks for stopping by today. I'd love to have you order the supplies to make this card. Click on any icon below!