Welcome to the NC Blog Hop. We are so happy to share our spring projects! Yea! for Spring!
It's always fun to think about our theme and figure out a stamp set to use. But this time, I started thinking about all the designer series paper I still have. To me, the dots say spring. So I pulled out my paper and went to work (or play). Here is the result.
This card is fun and pretty easy to make with the Sunburst Thinlits and your Big Shot.
- The card base is make of Thick Whisper White card stock. It measures 4 1/4 x 11 and scored at 5 1/2.
- The card front is covered in Marina Mist dotted patterned paper from the Subtles Designer Series Paper Stack. Cut it 4 1/4 x 5 1/2.
- Cut the center from a 2 1/2 square piece of Crushed Curry dotted paper from the Regals Designer Series Paper Stack. Use the Sunburst Thinlits for all of the layers and center the middle of the circle part over the middle of your paper square.
- The next layer is Flirty Flamingo from the 2016-2018 In Color Designer Series Paper Stack cut from a 3 inch square.
- Calypso Coral is the next layer from the Subtles Designer Series Paper Stack cut from a 3 3/4 inch square.
- This is followed by a layer of Watermelon Wonder cut from a 4 inch square. This color is in the 2015-2017 In Color Designer Series Paper.
- Finally cut a sunburst from a Wild Wasabi 4 inch square. Cut a couple double sections for leaves.
- Trim each layer into a circle but be a little crazy with your cuts. Each layer is a little bigger.
- Attach the layers to each other with dimensionals. Yes, you are right. This card will not mail well. Place each layer off center of the layer below.
- Glue the flower just a little off center of the card. Turn the card over and trim any parts that are hanging off flush with the card.
- Now you must fluff each layer up at the ends. This helps the layers pop.
- The sentiment on the front is from Sunshine Sayings. The words are stamped in Basic Black Archival ink on Whisper White scraps and cut apart. Place them on half dimensionals.
- I felt the card needed a little something else, so I added the dots from Bunch of Blossoms randomly.
The sentiment on the inside comes from Big on Birthdays. It's stamped in Watermelon Wonder. Stamp some more of the little dots in black (Bunch of Blossoms).
This card would be great to boost someone up with different words. It's so bright and cheery.
Do you have lots of scraps of designer paper? Use them up on beautiful flowers. It's spring! Celebrate!
Just click on an image below to order any of these great papers or anything else you might need. Thanks so much! The product list follows the list of hoppers.