I think it all started when I saw on Pinterest that someone had made a card using the Up & Away Thinlit Dies, but not as balloons. They had made a beautiful perfume bottle. I bet you can find it on Pinterest. Don't you just love it when there is a new and different way to use something you already have. That's when the idea popped into my head to use the balloon as a skirt on the Beautiful You lady. Here's my card.
I love how it turned out. Simple, really.
- Start with a card base of Basic Black 5 1/2 x 8 1/2, scored at 4 1/4.
- Use the Pop of Pink Specialty Designer Series Paper for this card. The piece with gold is 1 inch x 5 1/4. Cut a thin, 1/4 inch, piece of the Melon Mambo diagonal stripe 5 1/4 in length. The Whisper White piece is 3 1/8 x 5 1/4.
- Stamp the lady from Beautiful You on the white piece with Basic Black Archival ink. Allow to dry a little. Also stamp on the Melon Mambo dotted paper to get the upper part of the dress and the hat. Cut these out and glue them in place on the lady. This is called paper piecing.
- Use the Watercolor Pencils, Early Espresso, and color lightly the skin. Use a Blender Pen to blend.
- Cut the largest balloon from Melon Mambo card stock. Trim for the waist of the skirt as needed. I did have to make it a little thinner to fit the waist of the lady. Cut the bottom (top of the balloon) where you would like it. Simply cut the pieces from the framelits to fit behind the skirt and glue them on from the back. This reminds me of Scarlett O'Hara and her hoops under her dress. Use the Fine-Tip Glue Pen to adhere the balloon piece to the dots. I did put a really thin piece of white at the top of the skirt just to give a little definition.
- Stamp the sentiment in Basic Black Archival ink.
For the inside of the card add the birthday greeting from Beautiful You. Stamp an extra hat on the mambo dotted paper and cut it out. Glue in place.
Didn't it all turn out pretty? Thanks for coming to my blog today. You can find the Beautiful You stamp set and the Up & Away Thinlit Dies in the Occasions catalog. Remember that you can get a free Sale-a-Bration item with every $50 you spend between now and March 31, 2107. My product list follows.