Have you seen the Special Reason Bundle in the new Occasions catalog? It's on page 42. Take a look. You might be saying that it's just another flower set. The tell the truth, that's what I thought, too. That is until I saw the Stampin' Up! video about this bundle. Have you seen it? Here it is. The framelits are called Stylish Stems.
This brings me to the card for today. This was a card we made in class last week. Snow, however, caused me to postpone one of he classes to this Friday. This card also showcases a new bundle which is the challenge in the SUO #165 Challenge. Use something new!
- Start with a card base of Real Red card stock. This one is cut 5 1/2 x 8 1/2, scored at 4 1/4.
- The Whisper White card stock layer measures 4 x 5 1/4. Run it through the Big Shot with the new Falling Petals Embossing Folder. It's on Page 51 and it's so pretty!
- Use the patterned paper from the Sending Love Designer Series Paper stack, page 15. It measures 3 x 3 1/2. I do realize that cutting this paper 3 x 3 would definitely save on paper. It would work that way. I just felt that it needed that little bit of extra.
- The Whisper White card stock is cut 2 3/4 x 3 1/4. Use the Stylish Stems Framelits to cut the flower from the center of the paper. Adhere this to the patterned paper using the Foam Adhesive strips. Before you do so, remember to run a length of red grosgrain ribbon across the bottom. Make a bow and adhere with a glue dot. This ribbon is on page 15. It's called Sending Love Ribbon Combo Pack, and it comes with a Real Red roll and a Whisper White roll of 1/8 grosgrain ribbon.
- The leaves are cut with the Stylish Stems Framelits from Pear Pizzazz card stock. Cut 1 small and 2 large.
- The red tag at the bottom of the card is part of the Stylish Stems set. The sentiment is from the Special Reason stamp set. Cut it out with the Layering Ovals Framelits. I think it fits nicely on the red tag.
For the inside of the card, use the Special Reason stamp set. The colors used are Real Red and Pear Pizzazz.
This card is just fun to make. I'll have another card next week using this bundle. Buying this bundle gets you close to a Sale-a-Bration free item. Just add on the Sending Love Paper Stack or the Sending Love Ribbon Combo Pack, or both!
I hope you'll try this card. thanks so much for stopping by today. Need a catalog? Just let me know. Want to join my team? Sale-a-Bration is the perfect time to think about it. Comment below and I'll get back to you. My product list is below.