Welcome to the North Carolina Demos Blog Hop! I'm so glad you are here!
I hope you are getting lots of great ideas for your FREE Sale-a-Bration items. Sale-a-Bration is the best time of year. The annual catalog is great, the new Occasions catalog has everything you need for spring, and you can get FREE items for every $50 you spend. What could be better!!! Here's the card I have to share today.
This card represents 4 different Sale-a-Bration items, but it features the stamp set Tasty Trucks. I just love the taco sentiment, so I made a taco. Here are the details for the card.
- Start with a card base in Real Red measuring 5 1/2 x 8 1/2, scored at 4 1/4 and folded.
- The Basic Black layer is 4 x 5 1/4.
- The patterned paper is from the Sale-a-Bration brochure and is called Carried Away. It measures 3 7/8 x 5 1/8. Stamp the food truck in Basic Black Archival ink over the paper. I started near the center of the paper and added the front of the truck to the left and the back of the truck to the right. Then add the top row and the bottom row. Off set the trucks so they are not one of top of the other. To make this a birthday card, add the Happy Birthday sentiment from the Designer Tee Sale-a-Bration set. To get the words in just the right place, I used the Stamp-a-ma-jig. I don't use it often, but it's really an easy tool to use.
- The Whisper White circle is the largest circle in the Stitched Shapes Framelits. The taco sentiment is stamped in black near the bottom and then just rotated around a little to fit under the taco.
- The taco shell is cut from Crumb Cake card stock with the largest Layering Circles Framelits Dies. Sponge around the outside with Crumb Cake and stamp in the same color with the dots from the Avant-Garden stamp set. Fold over the circle, but don't press it down. Layer 3 dimensionals one on top of each other in several places on the inside of the taco. Work on the insides of the taco before you press that down.
- The Fringe Scissors were used to cut the shredded lettuce from Old Olive. Crinkle it up, put down some snail (I used Fast Fuse) and push it down. Arrange to please.
- The tomatoes are made in Real Red with the 3/4 inch circle punch. Just cut the circles into quarters.
- The cheese is made in Crushed Curry. Again, use the Fringe Scissors and then cut to make shorter shreds.
- Glue the tomatoes and cheese onto the taco whenever you think it looks best. These are easy to make. Just don't stress about it.
- When you have it ready, close the taco and adhere to the white circle. I used glue dots. I have to say, I'm very excited about how this card turned out! Sometimes, it all comes together! I must admit it's very exciting when what is in the head transfers to paper!
The inside of the card repeats the Happy Birthday from the Designer Tee stamp set. I also added a few tacos from Tasty Trucks. Color these in with our new Watercolor Pencils and a Blender Pen.
Here again are the Sale-a-Bration items I used on the card.
These are items you don't want to miss. Want these items? You can chooses one of them for FREE with each $50 dollar purchase. This is a great time to stock up on some of your basics like Whisper White card stock, Real Red card stock, Crumb Cake card stock, Basic Black card stock, glue dots, snail, Fast Fuse, dimensionals, and envelopes for mailing your card treasures once they are made.
Please continue on the hop and enjoy. Next comes Michelle. Be sure to check her out.
My product list follows the blog hop participant list. Thanks so much! Go make a taco!