Welcome to the Color Fusers Blog Hop for January 2017! We are so excited to be back! You might have just come from Paola's blog. She always has great ideas.
As you can see our colors this month are Crushed Curry, Tangerine Tango, Sweet Sugarplum, and Very Vanilla. Now I'm going to admit that these colors were hard for me. I'm not into the pinks (kind of) and oranges together. But I think my card turned out great. Here it is.
I was drawn to the Dragonfly Dreams stamp set and Detailed Dragonfly Thinlits Dies as soon as I saw the new Occasions catalog. I'm so glad, the catalog is going live this Wednesday, January 4th! Have you got your list ready? Oh, I do! Here is how to make this card.
- Start with a card base of Sweet Sugarplum measuring 4 1/4 x 11, score at 5 1/2, and fold.
- The Basic Black layer is cut at 4 x 5 1/4.
- The Very Vanilla layer is 3 3/4 x 5.
- Start by cutting out the row of dragonflies from the right side of the vanilla card stock.
- Stamp the sentiments in Sweet Sugarplum, Crushed Curry, and Tangerine Tango. Alternate where they begin and stop on the card.
- Cut another row of dragonflies from black. If you want to save paper, cut it from the black layer. It will be mostly covered up anyway.
- Go ahead and adhere your layers on the card. Glue in the black dragonfly outline inside the empty space on the vanilla. There are a few places that you will need to put back in pieces of vanilla. Kind of scope that out before you cut out the dragonflies from the vanilla so you can save those pieces.
- The most difficult part of this card is piecing in the color on the wings of the dragonflies. I'm not sure I did it the best way. This is what I did. I went from top to bottom. For the first I cut the first dragonfly from a scrap of sugarplum. I then transferred the pieces and glued them in. Then I cut the second dragonfly from a scrap of Crushed Curry, transferred and glued. I continued until I had finished all of them.
For the inside of the card, the sentiment is from Dragonfly Dreams. The dragonfly is cut from Basic Black. Again, you might could use the black layer to cut this. I did NOT piece all of the Sweet Sugarplum pieces in the dragonfly. Trace around the wings of the black dragonfly onto the sugarplum. Cut out. You will need to trim a little so the sugarplum does not peep out. Glue the black wings onto the sugarplum and then all of it to the vanilla card stock.
Thanks so much for stopping by today. I hope you'll continue on the hop. We have a very talented group. Melissa Kerman is next on the list. She always has great projects! My list of products used follows the blog links.
Blog Hop List
- Patty Bennett
- Paola Phillips
- Jo Anne Hewins You are here.
- Melissa Kerman
- Robin Messenheimer
- Pat Ertman
- Debbie Henderson