NC Demo Happy Holidays Blog Hop!
November 27, 2016
Hello there. I'm so happy that you have joined us for the North Carolina blog hop for November. We are celebrating Happy Holidays today. I hope you complete the hop to get some great holiday ideas! We have some very tallented demonstrators here in NC.
Today I want to feature the Kraft Tag a Bag Gift Bags. They are on page 176 in the catalog. What a deal! You get 10 for $3.50. They are a great size for just a little something. I came up with three designs.
Want to know how to make them? Here we go.
- The Cherry Cobbler layer on the bottom measures 4 1/4 x 5 1/2.
- The Basic Black layer is 4 x 5 1/4. It's stamped in Whisper White Craft Stampin' Ink. It's a rich permanent white. Do lay it aside and allow it a little time to dry completely. The stamp set is Merry Medley.
- The topper uses half of a Delicate Doily and half of a Cherry Cobbler circle. Use the new Stitched Shaped framelits and cut the largest circle.
- The Pretty Pines Thinlits Dies were used to make the boughs and pine cone. I used Emerald Envy, Early Espresso, and Soft Suede.
- Clip the topper on with a Gold Binder Clip. They are so pretty.
- Add an Emerald Envy bow with a glue dot. The Silky Taffeta Ribbon combo Pack has two great ribbons in Emerald Envy and Cherry Cobbler. I can only say it is yummy. I thought I could live without it, but I found that I couldn't!
I tried to make this bag look like a Christmas sweater. What do you think?
- Use the Candy Cane Lane Designer Series Paper. Cut out some of the shapes and glue them onto the bag.
- Run the bag through the Big Shot with the Cable Knit Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder. Wow, I just had to put its whole name. It's a large name with large results. Love it! Part of your bag will not fit in the folder. I put that at the top and just used it as my folding place. For this bag, I folded it to the back so we could see all of the sweater.
- Use the Simply Scored with your Crumb Cake card stock. Cut a piece 1 x 6. Score on every score line. Cut your strip in half so that you have two 1/2 inch pieces. Place one along the bottom and trim to fit. Place the other down the center of your paper and trim it to fit. Add some of the candy pieces from the patterned paper punched out with the 1/2 inch punch for the buttons.
- The tag is stamped on Thick Whisper White measuring 1 1/2 inches wide and used the Candy Cane Christmas stamp set. Use Real Red ink. Punch the end with the Triple Banner Punch. I also cut out the gingerbread man from the Candy Cane Lane paper. Place the tag how you want it and just trim along the top to fit.
- Use the Gold Binder Clip to hold this on. Use the Candy Cane Lane Baker's Twine to tie a bow. Use both twines together and added it to the clip with a glue dot.
- For this bag I used the Warmth & Cheer Designer Washi Tape. Just add strips across the bag.
- Use the Santa's Sleigh Thinlits Dies to make your sleigh. Use Early Espresso for the back piece and Cherry Cobbler for the front.
- Use the same dies to make a reindeer out of Early Espresso. I glued a same clothespin to the back of him and added a Cherry Cobbler bow using the Silky Taffeta ribbon again. It's a fast and easy bag to make.
So, which bag do you like best? You'll have a leave a comment and let me know! Thanks so much for stopping by today. I hope you will continue on the blog hop. Come back to see me. A product list follows the list of bloggers.
Jo Anne Hewins - > You are here.
Michelle Irinyl - Tracie Evans Langley - Laurie Meier - Sue Root - Pam Staples - Lisa Tedder - Frances Wagner -
Love your Bags!
Posted by: Lisa Tedder | November 27, 2016 at 08:17 PM
I like all three bags and think they are lovely but since you asked - the sweater one is my favorite.
Posted by: Sue Root | November 27, 2016 at 11:02 PM
I think you nailed it on the sweater bag, I like the others but that was my favorite.
Posted by: Frances | November 28, 2016 at 09:52 AM
Love all of them, but the sweater is my favorite!
Posted by: Sue ingle | November 29, 2016 at 03:25 PM