Loving the Palm Tree from Totally Trees
November 25, 2016
I love the palm tree! I don't know why. Today's card is inspired by Kimberly Van Diepen, but I did change a few things. Here is my card.
I made another palm tree card here. You might want to check it out. But I just might like this card as well. I think it's the Moroccan Designer Series Paper that I like so much. Here are the details for the card.
- The card base is Emerald Envy 5 1/2 x 8 1/2, scored at 4 1/4 and folded.
- The next layer is Very Vanilla cut 4 x 5 1/4. Run it through the Big Shot with the Petal Burst embossing folder.
- I used the Moroccan Designer Series Paper. The largest piece on the bottom measures 2 1/2 x 4. The smaller piece measures 1/2 x 4.
- Use the new Stitched Shapes for the Very Vanilla circle. Use the largest one. The largest Layering Circles were used to make the Emerald Envy Scallop circle. It is also the largest one.
- The colors used for the stamping on the circle are Early Espresso, Emerald Envy, and Delightful Dijon.
- Glue the circles to each other and then attach the scalloped circle with dimensionals to the card.
- A bow of Linen Thread was added to the base of the tree.
- The sentiment on the card is from the stamp set Sunshine Sayings. It's stamped in Emerald Envy on Very Vanilla and cut out with snips.
For the inside of the card, I stamped another palm. I left the rest for writing. Here's a little secret. I don't like to write in cards. That's why I always finish the inside.
This card could be used for any occasion. It would be a great pick me up card!
Do you follow me on Pinterest? Just go here to see all of my original work!
Don't forget the Online Extravaganza going on now! Here's the link: Download Online Extravagana product list US
You can follow this conversation by subscribing to the comment feed for this post.