Does a card idea ever just come to you? This idea came to me about 4:00 am the other day. I am an early riser, so I got up and made it. It was one of those cards that worked! In other words, it came together easily. For some reason, I thought that the Christmas Greetings Thinlits were retired, but looking through the catalog, there they were! The peace works great with the card. Well, here it is!
- The card base is 4 1/4 x 11, scored at 5 1/2 and folded. It uses the Thick Whisper White card stock.
- The Cherry Cobbler layer is cut 3 3/4 x 5. Here's a hint: Cut the bird using the Birds & Blooms Thinlits from the center of this layer before adhering it to the card. Another hint is that I used a regular hole punch for the holly berries. Punch those out of the cobbler paper, too. Be careful not to get too close to the edge. The patterned paper will cover that hole right up.
- Use the Floral Boutique Designer Series Paper. I tried different options of this paper and I felt this one worked best. Besides it can also look like a little snow fall. I like that! The size is 3 5/8 x 4 7/8.
- The peace is cut from Thick Whisper White card stock.
- The bird is positioned perched on the peace word. I tried him with all of the little pieces punched out, but I like it better with the pieces left in. Some of the pieces fell out, so I just left them out. Hint: Use the Silicone Craft Sheet to glue those intricate items. Squeeze out a little glue in the corner. Use a piece of sponge. Dab on some glue and then dab it on the back of the design. Don't move it around on the silicone sheet or you'll get glue on the front. Just adhere where you want it on your project. Connie Stewart has a video on this. It's a great idea!
- Use the Holly Berry Builder punch and Garden Green card stock to make the holly leaves. Use the smaller leaf. Yes, I did use a hole punch instead of the Holly Berry punch for the berries. It's just faster.
- Did you notice a little Early Espresso stem in the bird's mouth? Use the peace word from Christmas Greetings. It's the beginning of the p.
Here's the inside of the card. Add a little holly and some berries. The sentiment is from the Star of Light stamp set. A vintage card maker already knows this, but I made a mistake. The s did not stamp well. I just stamped on another piece of Whisper White, but it out, and glued it in place. That's what we do! Also let me apologize for the quality of the picture.
This might be one of my favorites for the season. I see that I'll be making more of them. OK, I'll admit it. I don't have my cards made for this Christmas. I'm stressing a little about it. It's on my list of course, but the list is long.
Be on the look out for the Year End Close Out Sale. It starts December 1.