I just couldn't resist using the new Sending Love Paper Stack in the yet to be released Occasions catalog. This paper is all Real Red and Whisper White. It's a Valentine paper, but I'm using it for a Christmas card. Here's my card.
Here are the details for making this card.
- Start with a card base of Garden Green. This one measures 5 1/2 x 8 1/2, scored at 4 1/4 and folded.
- Run the front of the card through your Big Shot with the Holly embossing folder.
- The designer paper in the background is cut 3 1/4 x 4 1/2. The paper in front measures 2 3/4 x 4. I cut it smaller so more of the paper in back would show.
- OK, this card uses a bunch of dies. Sometimes you just must! Start by cutting a swirly wreath with the Swirly Scribbles Thinlits. I used Garden Green card stock.
- Using the Birds & Blooms dies, cut the smaller bird from Early Espresso. I did keep the wings cut out in the bird.
- The sentiment is from the Sweet Home stamp set. Cut it out using the Home Sweet Home Thinlits. Oh yes, that does come in a bundle! It's not just for Halloween.
- Adhere all of your pieces with the Fine Tip Glue Pen.
- I embellished the wreath with Real Red Enamel Shapes in the Brights.
- Top the wreath with a bow made from the Candy Cane Lane Baker's Twine.
The inside of the card uses a sentiment from the Reason for the Season stamp set. I thought a little bird perched on top would be just the thing!
It's a cute card and while it does use a lot of different dies, it doesn't take that long to make it. It was actually one of those cards I thought of in my head, and it looked just like I thought it would. How often does that happen?
Thanks for coming by today. I will add a link to the Online Extravaganza product list.