Have you noticed the Christmas Trinkets Embellishments on page 27 of the Stampin' Up! Holiday catalog? I tend to overlook this kind of thing. Recently, my sister Martha gave me a little present, just because. Here it is!
So, of course, my first question was how? It turns out that it's really easy to do. First you need to buy the supplies.
I bought mine at Michael's but I'm sure you could get them at any hobby store. You also need a tool to use to open the little metal ring, put on the trinket, and then close up the ring. That's really all there is to it.
Here's how each pair of ear rings will look once you turn them into ear ware. You can get four of each kind from a single pack of the trinkets. That's 12 pairs of ear rings!
They are just so cute! Which are your favorites?
The packaging is what takes the most time. I will admit that as soon as I could, I took Martha's gift apart to see how she made it.
- The base of the card is cut at 2 5/8 x 5 1/8.
- Use Thick Whisper White card stock cut 2 1/2 x 5 to layer on top.
- The 1/16" Handheld Circle punch was used to make the holes to hold the ear rings.
- A resealable bag measuring 3 x 5 was used to package the ear rings.
- Patterned paper is used for the topper of the package. It is cut 3 1/4 x 3 1/4, score at 1 5/8 and fold. Staple it on.
- Decorate the bag as you wish. Martha used retired product. Of course you can use anything.
I'm going to make these for a craft fair and package them separately. I bought the 3 x 4 inch resealable bags but they are a little tall. I folded them over about 3/4 of an inch. The toppers measure the same as above. I used the Candy Cane Lane Designer Series paper. The base is 2 5/8 x 3. I used Real Red. The Thick Whisper White is 2 1/2 x 2 7/8. Decorate as you wish. I used the new Stitched Framelits, the Cookie Cutter Christmas bundle, the Holly Berry Builder Punch, and the Jolly Hat Builder punch. So, here are my ear rings in single packs.
And all together.
Thanks so much for stopping by today. Now go make ear rings! I bet you already have someone special in mind! The product list is below!