The stamp set Totally Trees did not jump out at me. I did not give it a second thought. I admit it. But, yes, there is a but, it has certainly grown on me. Sometimes that's the way it is for some of the most versatile sets. I suggest you do a Pinterest search and then rush to make that order! My card today does have some influence from a Pinterest search. Here's my take.
That palm tree is just so cute. I had to use it. So here are the details on how to make this card.
- Start with a card base of Thick Whisper White measuring 5 1/2 x 8 1/2, score at 4 1/4 and fold.
- There is a layer of Pool Party measuring 3 3/4 x 5.
- The next layer is Whisper White card stock cut at 3 5/8 x 4 7/8. I used the new Festive embossing folder. It just makes me think of happy and palm trees make me think of vacation and happy. To me, it's perfect.
- For the tree, I used the Ovals Layering Framelits. The oval is Whisper White and the scalloped oval is from Pool Party card stock.
- I stamped the palm from Totally Trees in Soft Suede. The ground is stamped in Crumb Cake. The leaves for the palm are stamped in Pear Pizzazz. I did add a Soft Suede coconut!
- The hello is from Thoughtful Banners.
- I did use sponge daubers and pool party to color in the sky. Make sure the other ink is dry!
- The sun is stamped in Crushed Curry and fussy cut. Put the sun on dimensionals.
For the inside of the card, I stamped the palm and the sun again. The sentiment is from the stamp set is from Sunburst Sayings.
I don't know what it is about this card that makes me so happy, but it does. I made this card to swap with my Southern Belles group. I hope they like it. If I have any extra, I just might surprise someone. I can think of lots of people who brighten my days. Can't you?
My list of products used follows. I would love for you to order from me. I appreciate your time today. Thanks.