This week I have been sharing some of the cards we made at my October Christmas card class. I hope you have enjoyed them. Today I am sharing the last card from our class. It features Holly Berry Happiness and the Holly Berry Builder Punch. That's another bundle available in the Holiday Catalog on page 27. Here's my card.
I'm sure some of you would like to know how the card was made so here we go!
- Start with a card base of Thick Whisper White. It's perfect for the base of a card because it gives it more substance. Cut your paper at 4 1/4 x 11, score at 5 1/2 and fold. Be sure to score first so you have a smoother fold.
- The Cherry Cobbler layer measures 4 x 5 1/4.
- The Whisper White layer is 3 7/8 x 5 1/8. Use your Big Shot and the Holly embossing folder. That folder is so pretty. I had a customer tell me she wanted to order one as soon as she saw it!
- I used the Layering Squares for the center piece using Whisper White for the plain square and Cherry Cobbler for the scalloped square. Add some of the Gold Metallic Thread to the back. I wrapped it around 4 fingers several times, slid it off, and adhered with snail. Put the snail down before you start. The sentiment is from Christmas Pines. Adhere this with dimensionals to the card front.
- The holly is made with the Holly Berry Happiness stamp set and the Holly Berry Builder punch. Again I used Garden Green and Cherry Cobbler. Stamp first in the coordinating color and then punch. Glue them on the corners of the panel.
The sentiment inside the card is from Flurry of Wishes. It is stamped in Basic Black Archival ink and the snowflakes are stamped in Smoky Slate.
I just love Christmas, don't you? Hope to see you next week!