Color Fusers Blog Hop: September 2016-Part 2
September 19, 2016
It's time for Part 2 of the Color Fusers for September. This month we are using Flirty Flamingo, Mint Macaron, Rich Razzleberry, and Sweet Sugarplum. These colors go well together. Give them a try. Don't forget to hop over to all of the sites. We have some great projects!
My card today uses the stamp set Watercolor Words on page 135 of the annual catalog. It's a new set for me, so it's my first time using it. These colors make me think of flowers so that's what I'm using from the set. The real star of the show though is Wink of Stella. I took lots of pictures trying to capture the sparkly shininess of this card. I don't think it can be done.
Just think about every image covered in Wink of Stella. The flowers, the leaves, the dots, the words, all covered in Wink of Stella.
Oh I wish you could see it in person! This card is pretty easy too. Let me tell you all about it.
- The card base is Rich Razzleberry 4 1/4 x 11, scored at 5 1/2.
- The Whisper White layer is 4 x 5 1/4.
- We are making our own background paper. The largest flower is stamped in Rich Razzleberry. I painted over it in Wink of Stella. The ink moves and covers the rest of the flower. Don't be afraid to let your work spill off of the page. It looks better that way. The smaller flowers are stamped in Sweet Sugarplum. For coloring these with Wink of Stella, I pressed the ink pad to get ink in the lid. Then I picked up the color and just painted in the flower. Warning! Wipe out the sparkle from the lid when you are finished or it will get onto your pad. The leaves are stamped in Mint Macaron and colored the same way. Be sure to clean the brush by wiping it on paper until it is clear between your colors.
- The dots are stamped in Flirty Flamingo. They come from the stamp set Fresh Fruit. I used them as a filler for blank spots. These also got a dab of Wink of Stella.
- The Whisper White circle and the Rich Razzleberry scalloped circle are cut using the Layering Circles Framelits. I love these. I have the circles, ovals, squares, and the sweet & sassy (hearts). I use them a lot! They are a must have! The sentiment is from Watercolor Words and is stamped in Rich Razzleberry. Yes, I went over them with Wink of Stella. The little flower and two leaves were stamped on scrap paper, cut out with paper snips and adhered with a dimensional.
For the inside of the card, I used another sentiment from the Watercolor Words and more flowers.
All of need for this card is the Watercolor Words stamp set, a little paper, four ink pads, and your Wink of Stella! How easy. Oh, don't forget the Layering Circles Framelits. eOh, and I did use Fresh Fruit for the dots. That's all! On Wednesday, I'm going to post another card with this color combination. Let me know what you think. My list of products will follow the list of blog participants. Thanks for stopping by!
Jo Anne Hewins You are here.
Beautiful, Jo Anne!!!!
Posted by: Patty Bennett | September 19, 2016 at 11:50 AM
Love the bright design!
Posted by: Robin Messenheimer | September 19, 2016 at 07:03 PM
Very fun card Jo Anne!
Posted by: Melissa Kerman | September 22, 2016 at 09:59 PM