Here in my area school will be starting soon. That always makes you feel like summer is over and fall can't be far behind. Yes, I know it's still August. But, it's been a very hot and humid summer in NC and we are ready to move on. I do feel like it's time to pull out Vintage Leaves again. I'm not ready for fall colors though, mind you. I also want to showcase Thoughtful Branches and the Beautiful Branches thinlits that partner with it. You can get the bundle only during the month of August and it's "while supplies last." If you don't have it, you should order TODAY! Here's my card.
I so love green! Want to make this card? Here's how.
- Start with a regular card base in Always Artichoke.
- The Whisper White layer measures 4 x 5 1/4. Emboss with the new Petal Burst Embossing Folder.
- Stamp the trees from Thoughtful Branches in Early Expresso on a layer of white measuring 2 x 3. Stamp the leaves on the trees, first in Always Artichoke and then again in Pear Pizzazz. Shift the stamp a little on the second color. The Always Artichoke frame measures 2 1/8 x 3 1/8. Adhere in the upper left corner.
- The "For You" sentiment is so pretty and classic. It's stamped in Early Espresso on white. Cut it out with the Layering Circles Framelits as well as a scallop frame for it out of Always Artichoke.
- Stamp the leaves in Always Artichoke ink on white card stock. Three of the leaves are from the Vintage Leaves stamp set and the 2 smallest ones are from Thoughtful Branches. With sponge daubers, color in the leaves using Always Artichoke and Pear Pizzazz. Cut them out with the Leaflets Framelits and the Beautiful Branches thinlits.
- When you adhere these, the smallest leaves are on dimensionals out toward the edge to give them some height. The long leaf is also on dimensionals.
- I used the 5/8" Burlap Ribbon to embellish. I cut away three of the strands and looped. I used glue dots to adhere the bow.
For the inside, stamp the trees again just as we did on the front. I stamped the sentiment in Early Espresso.
I really had not paid a lot of attention to the little sayings in the stamp set. They are fantastic so I added one. Take another look at the set. You'll be impressed!
Time is running out and I don't want you to miss out on Thoughtful Branches and the Beautiful Branches Thinlit die bundle.
Thanks for coming by today. I'm so glad you did.