I hadn't used the Weather Together stamp set yet, but it was out on my desk. I also had the Irresistibly Floral Specialty paper on my desk. I knew it would be perfect for an umbrella card. When I saw the Paper Craft Crew sketch #207, I decided that was just the inspiration that I needed.
The Weather Together stamp set pairs with the Umbrella Weather Framelits. You can get the bundle for a 10% discount! See my list of products below! They are so much fun to use. So, here is my card.
I love how it turned out. In fact, I'm going to include it in my next class. It comes together easily.
- The card base is Dapper Denim measuring 5 1/2 x 8 1/2, scored at 4 1/4 and folded.
- The Whisper White layer is 4 x 5 1/4.
- I used sponge daubers to color the Irresistibly Floral Specialty Designer Series Paper. I used Dapper Denim and Pool Party inks. Cut this out using the Layering Squares Framelits. It measures 2 1/8. I used some of the extra to cut out 2 clouds. The Dapper Denim frame is from the same framelits.
- I stamped the hearts from Weather Together in Rich Razzleberry here and there.
- Stamp 2 large clouds and 1 small cloud in Dapper Denim and cut out with the framelits. Scrap paper always comes in handy for things like this. You could also use the area on the white layer that would be behind the squares for this since the squares would cover it up.
- Go ahead and adhere the clouds and your squares. The patterned clouds are on dimensionals.
- Stamp the umbrella on Whisper White using Rich Razzleberry and cut it out with the framelits. I think this purple looks great with the blues! Stamp 2 of the umbrella handles in Dapper Denim and cut them out, too.
- I used the 2 handles to make the handle appear longer. I just pieced them together under where the umbrella would be.
- To adhere the umbrella, I put 3 dimensionals one on top of the other in the middle. I put glue dots down each side.
- The sentiment is punched out with the new Classic Label punch and adhered with dimensionals.
For the inside, I stamped the umbrella again. This time I used the handle in the set that is divided. It allows you to add a top and handle! Now Stampin' Up!, that's thinking ahead! I just love it when I can make a card using just one stamp set!
Wouldn't this card be a great inspiration to someone weathering a bit of trouble? We all have a friend or friends in need. Make a card! Send it to a friend! You'll be sending a hug to someone special. We all need a hug! Thanks so much for spending time with me today.Product List