Lots of times creating is hard. You just sit there and stare and think and nothing. The scarecrow from Cookie-Cutter Halloween is just so cute. There are great samples out there, but I wanted something a little different. The SUO Challenge #155 called for something cute and cuddly. The scarecrow is definitely cute, but I'm not sure about cuddly. Well, just maybe. It depends on the cuddler, doesn't it? So here is the card.
This was one of those times when I kept thinking what if I add this or what if I add that. The result is a hodgepodge of supplies used, but a cute card, I think.
- I started with a card base of Pool Party 5 1/2 x 8 1/2, scored at 4 1/4 and folded.
- I wanted to use the pumpkin printed paper from the Halloween Night Specialty Designer Series Paper. I want it to seem like a pumpkin patch. I also wanted a fence around the patch. I used the Halloween Scenes Edgelit Dies and cut the fence from Soft Suede. I did have to cut the fence along the bottom. I laid the fence along the top of my pumpkin paper and traced lightly with a pencil along the bottom of the fence. Then I just snipped a little of the paper so it would fit the slope of the fence.
- I stamped the scarecrow on Whisper White paper using the Basic Black Archival ink pad. I used my Aqua Painter to color him in. The colors I used were Sahara Sand, Dapper Denim, Pumpkin Pie, Pear Pizzazz, and Real Red. Punch him out with the Cookie Cutter Builder punch.
- The pumpkins, from the Spooky Fun stamp set, were also stamped on white using black ink. I used the Aqua Painter again to color them in and cut them out with the Halloween Scenes dies. This stamp set and die set come as a bundle! Yea, 10% off!
- The scarecrow and pumpkins were adhered using dimensionals.
- We need to fill the top of the card. I used Thoughtful Branches for a tree out of Soft Suede and cut it out with the Beautiful Branches Thinlits. I also cut out leaves for the tree from Garden Green. I glued down the tree and put some dimensionals behind the tree leaves. Of course it needs a crow in the tree! Use dimensionals.
- There was still a little space left so I added some clouds. These were cut from the Umbrella Weather Thinlits from Whisper White.
The For You sentiment on the inside is from Thoughtful Branches. Remember that this bundle is only available through the month of August or while supplies last. Order it, now! It's one of the most versatile stamp sets I've ever seen! I also added the pumpkins and a scarecrow.
So, that's it, a little of this and a little of that equals a cute card. Add in a little inspiration! Thanks for coming by today!