Hello! At my downline meeting this past Saturday, we had a shoe box swap. In demonstrator talk, that means that we each created a card, got everything ready to make it, and put all the supplies in a box. We passed the boxes around and each of us made all of the cards. There were 5 of us there and we had a lot of fun. Today I'm going to share the card I fixed for everyone to make. I used the new stamp set Best Birds and the matching thinlit set Birds & Blooms.
Here are the details for the card.
- The card base is Tip Top Taupe card stock cut at 4 1/4 x 11, scored at 5 1/2, and folded.
- I stamped in Tip Top Taupe ink at the top and bottom of the front of the card. The dots are from the stamp set Timeless Textures.
- The Whisper White panel on the front measures 2 1/2 x 5 1/2.
- I also stamped randomly on the white panel. I stamped off first, again using Tip Top Taupe.
- The branch is stamped in Tip Top Taupe near the bottom of the panel. I painted it with an Aqua Painter. The branch itself is in taupe and the leaves are painted with Pear Pizzazz. Do this quickly and without a lot of water. The taupe ink will run a little. Don't worry about perfection!!!!!
- Add a strip of Marina Mist diagonal paper from the Subtles Designer Series Paper stack. It's cut 1/2 x 5 1/2.
- The birds are cut from Watercolor Paper using the Birds & Blooms thinlits and the Big Shot. Since watercolor paper is a little thicker, you'll probably need to run it back and forth several times.
- To color the birds, I used Daffodil Delight for the beak and Tip Top Taupe and Marina Mist for the body. Use the Aqua Painter. As you can tell, I did not worry so much about the coloring. I painted these pretty quickly. Now, I probably should have started with these birds. They will take a little time to dry. They can be hurried along by using the Heat Tool. Did you notice that the tail and the tummy of the birds are little hearts? That alone is a reason to buy these birds! So cute!
- I used the 1 1/2" circle punch to punch the frame for the sentiment. It's out of Marina Mist card stock.
- The sentiment is from the Best Birds set. It's punched from Whisper White using the 1 3/8" circle punch.
Here's the inside of the card all stamped in Tip Top Taupe.
On Friday, I'll be sharing the other cards my team members brought for our shoe box swap. They did a great job of choosing good cards to make. Hope to see you then.