- I love the Pop of Pink Specialty Designer Series Paper. I must admit that I'm in love with Stampin' Up! designer paper. I'm a bit of a hoarder. I love the paper. I hate to cut it. Anyone of you feel that way? The results make that act of actually cutting worth it. I saw the sketch for the Paper Craft Crew and my mind started turning. I needed to use that Pop of Pink paper!
I love the elements of this design. Here's my card.
Here are the details on how to make this card.
- The card base is Melon Mambo card stock cut at 5 1/2 x 8 1/2, scored at 4 1/4 and folded. Get a good crisp fold using your Bone Folder.
- The next layer is Whisper White card stock cut at 4 x 5 1/4.
- Now we have a layer of the mambo diagonal stripe from the Pop of Pink Specialty Designer Series Paper cut at 3 7/8 x 5 1/8.
- There's another layer of Whisper White cut at 2 5/8 x 3 7/8.
- Now another piece of the Pop of Pink paper in a black herringbone cut at 2 1/2 x 3 3/4.
- Cut a piece of the gold confetti paper from the Pop of Pink. Only a little of this sticks out so I cut it at 1 1/2 x 2 3/4. A part of the lower right corner will be hidden by the circle.
- Adhere all of these layers. The smaller rectangle is placed just a little left of center to help with placement of the circle.
- Ink the Stylized Birthday stamp with Versamark, but first, rub your Whisper White with the Embossing Buddy. Stamp and then coat with the gold Stampin' Emboss Powder. Heat with the Heat Tool. Cut out using the Layering Circles Framelits.
- I used a few small pieces of patterned paper behind the circle. They measure 3/4 x 3 3/4. I placed these where I thought they looked good and adhered them to the back of the circle. The circle is attached with dimensionals.
- The little sentiment comes from the stamp set Sunshine Sayings. It's also embossed in gold. After heating, I just cut along the sides with my Paper Snips and notched the end. I put a dimensional near the notched end and slipped it under the circle.
It's all pretty simple. For the inside, I used a saying from the Watercolor Wishes stamp set. It's included in the Watercolor Wishes kit! I also embossed this in gold.
Do you ever have little pieces of designer paper that you just can't throw away? Did I say I might be a paper hoarder? On a whim I put some of these strips around my sentiment. I stuck them on and then trimmed them to fit on the paper. I think it turned out nicely.
I hope you liked the card today. It just might show up in my class in July! Feel free to follow me on Pinterest here. My supplies are listed at the end of the post. Click on anything you need and it will take you directly to my online store. Thanks for looking!