Welcome to the NC Blog Hop. If you've been on the hop, you just came from Tamra's blog. I'm sure you enjoyed her post. Today we are featuring our favorite new stamp set from the new 2016-2017 catalog. That's a tall order! How do you pick from such a great offering? I must say I love this catalog!
I have chosen to showcase the Jar of Love bundle. The Jar of Love stamp set and the Everyday Jars Framelit set offer so many options to us. Mason jars are so popular now, but there are other options with this set. One of the best things is that you can purchase the two as a bundle and save 10%! My first card does show the jar.
In our area of the Piedmont of NC, these bugs are called lightning bugs. I remember some wonderful summer childhood days in pursuit of these bugs. Here are the details for this card.
- The card base is Delightful Dijon card stock.
- The next layer is Dapper Denim measuring 3 3/4 x 5.
- The Whisper White layer measures 3 5/8 x 4 7/8.
- The the largest jar from Jar of Love onto the sheet of patterned paper full of Delightful Dijon dots. You can find this in the Serene Scenery Designer Series Paper stack. Stamp in Basic Black Archival ink. Cut out the jar with the Everyday Jar Framelits.
- Stamp the handle for the jar on Whisper White in black and cut out with the framelits.
- Stamp the bow on Whisper White in Dapper Denim and cut out with the framelits.
- Stamp the lid in black on a scrap of Gold Foil Sheets and cut out with the framelits.
- Stamp the lightning bugs on your jar. Make it look like the dijon circles are part of the glow.
- Assemble all of the pieces and attach to the white layer.
- Punch the banner from Delightful Dijon using the new Duet Banner punch. Stamp the sentiment on white and cut the words apart. Glue to the banner and attach to the card.
- For the bugs on the background, stamp the bugs where you want them. I punched some of the dijon circles from the patterned paper using the 1/2 inch circle punch. Stamp the back of the bug on the circle. Match the circle to the bug you stamped on the background and adhere.
- The little circles stamped on the background are from the stamp set Bunch of Blossoms.
The sentiment on the inside is from Bunch of Blossoms. I also added a few lightning bugs inside.
Here is my second card. No jar on this one!
- Start with a card base of Pool Party.
- The Whisper White layer measures 3 7/8 x 5 1/8.
- The patterned paper again comes from the Serene Scenery Designer Series Paper stack. It measures 3 3/4 x 5.
- I stamped the tiny leaves from Jar of Love in Always Artichoke onto the patterned paper.
- Add 1/2 of one of the new Delicate White Doilies near the bottom of the card.
- For the spray of flowers I used the Everyday Jar Framelits to cut out several of the long leaves in Old Olive card stock. I also stamped some of these on white in Old Olive ink and cut those out. When you place these on the card, you can make some of these stems appear longer by placing one behind the other. I cut the Soft Suede circles piece using the Flourish Framelits. The flowers are from the Jar of Love. It is a two stamp process. This stamp stamps two flowers at once and cuts them both out at once. For the solid flowers, use Sweet Sugarplum ink and stamp it off first. Then add the details with Rich Razzleberry ink. All I can tell you now is to play with your pieces until you have them the way you want them.
- Add a bow stamped in Rich Razzleberry.
- Stamp the sentiment in Rich Razzleberry and cut out with the Tags and Labels Framelits. I punched a hole with the 1/8 inch hand held circle punch and added a bit of Linen Thread.
The sentiment on the inside is from Thankful Thoughts and is stamped in Rich Razzleberry. I used more flowers on the inside, too.
Thanks for coming by today. Come back on Wednesday for another Jar of Love card with a little glam! Next on the hop is Tracie. I know you will enjoy her projects. My list of supplies follows the list on name for the hop!
Tamra Davis - http://www.thecardladies.com/nc-demos-blog-hop-fresh-fruit-with-a-bit-of-glaze-anyone/ Jo Anne Hewins - http://luv2create.typepad.com/my_blog/2016/06/jar-of-love-for-the-nc-demo-blog-hop.html Tracie Evans Langley - http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/traciesallaboutstamping/blog?directBlogUrl=/blog/86481/entry/nc_demos_june_blog_hop Sharon Maranich - http://inkiefinger.blogspot.com/2016/06/nc-blog-hop-my-favorite-new-stamp.html Frances Wagner - http://wagstamps.blogspot.com/2016/06/fruit-stand-suite-stampin-bingo-nc-demo.html