I love shaker cards. Stampin' Up!'s new Foam Adhesive Strips make it so easy. But I'm getting a little ahead of myself. Here's the card for today.
This shaker has a bit of sparkle. We all know someone who loves the glitter and glam. This card is for them! Lori, are you reading this! Here are the details on how to make this card. Warning, there are quite a few steps!
- Start with a card base of Basic Black measuring 5 1/2 x 8 1/2, scored at 4 1/4 and folded.
- Add of layer from the Gold Foil Sheets measuing 4 x 5 1/4. When I see someone use so much of the gold foil sheets, I immediately think about the cost of those sheets. Here's a tip I have to save a little. Use your Stampin' Trimmer to cut out the inside of the piece you are using. You can use the center for another project.
- Now you have a layer of Basic Black measuring 3 1/2 x 4 3/4.
- Finally, you have a layer of the gold dots paper from the Pop of Pink Specialty Designer Series Paper. The measures 3 3/8 x 4 5/8.
- Using the Everyday Jar Framelits, cut the largest jar from the confetti gold piece of designer paper from the Pop of Pink Specialty DSP.
- Also cut this jar from a Window Sheet.
- Now stamp the jar using the Jar of Love stamp set. Stamp with Basic Black Archival ink onto Whisper White card stock. Cut the outside and the inside of the stamped image using the Everyday Jar Framelits.
- Adhere the Foam Adhesive Strips around the outside of the confetti piece as close to the edge as possible.
- Add in your confetti from the Metallics Sequin Assortment.
- Take off the top of the adhesive strips and adhere the top of the jar to the bottom. Be very careful as you place the two together so you can match them properly.
- Adhere the jar to your card front. I suggest you use Fast Fuse or the Tear & Tape adhesive.
- Stamp the lid with Basic Black Archival ink onto a piece of gold foil scrap. Cut this out with the framelits. I suggest that you let it dry just a little first. Adhere to the top of your jar.
- For the tag, I used the "You" from the Hello You Thinlits. I cut it from Basic Black card stock and then colored it with the Wink of Stella. It needed its own bit of glam.
- The sentiment if from the Jar of Love stamp set.
- Glue the "You" on just above the saying. Use your Fine-Tip Glue Pen for this.
- I used the Lots of Labels Framelit set to cut out the tag.
- Add a few sequins. I choose black ones.
- Add a bow using the Black Solid Baker's Twine.
- I used the new Black Metallic Thread behind the tag to add a little more interest.
- Use dimensionals on the back of the tag.
The sentiment on the inside of the card is from Gift of Love. It's a Host set. I added some sequins around the words.