I have a little sneak peak for you today. I used the sketch at Freshly Made Sketches to give me some inspiration. I used a few new items, available June 1st, and a few continuing items. Here's the sketch.
It's always fun to play with something new. I'm loving the Swirly Scribbles thinlits. I'm also loving the Pop of Pink Specialty Designer Series Paper. Others are too. It's already on back order until June 13th. Here's my card.
Here's how I made it.
- The base of the card is Basic Black card stock cut at 5 1/2 x 8 1/2, scored at 4 1/4 and folded.
- The patterned paper is from Pop of Pink DSP. The white with black dots is cut 2 3/4 x 5 1/2. The Melon Mambo is cut 3/4 x 5 1/2. I cut two of these strips and added them to the sides of the dotted paper. This saves my stripe paper to use another time. Adhere it all to the base.
- I used Crumb Cake card stock for the wreath shape. I cut two of them using the Swirly Scribbles thinlits. I stamped on them with crumb cake ink and the dots stamp from Timeless Textures and sponged just a little. I glued one of them down to the base. I added some dimensionals to the second wreath. Yes, I did have to trim them down to fit on the back without seeing them on the front. I shifted the second wreath over just a little before sticking it down.
- Using the Tree Builder punch, I punched 6 flowers from Melon Mambo card stock. I added a tiny pearl to each.
- I cut 5 of the smaller leaves from Old Olive card stock. That also used the Swirly Scribbles.
- Add the flowers and leaves to the wreath with glue dots.
- Add a bow using the Linen Thread.
- I stamped the sentiment in Archival Basic Black ink on Whisper White. It's from the new host set A Gift of Love. I used the Tags & Labels framelits to cut it out. Add a flower and leaf and a tie of Linen Thread. Use dimensionals to add the tag to the card.
For the inside, I add a little more of the dotted patterned paper and a little strip of Melon Mambo to brighten the page. Again the sentiment is from A Gift of Love. Don't you just love that saying?
Did you notice the little flower?
I bet you know the perfect person to send this card. It has the perfect level of cuteness. Thanks for joining me today. I look forward to your visit on Wednesday!