The Global Design Project Challenge this week is a color challenge. I thought the colors were ones I would like.
I designed this card using the Swirly Bird stamp set.
I love how it turned out and it came together quickly.
- The card base is Island Indigo card stock. I do love this color, but I forget to use it.
- The next layer is Mint Macaron measuring 3 3/4 x 5.
- It's followed by another layer of Island Indigo measuring 3 1/2 x 4 3/4.
- Finally, there's a layer of Whisper White measuring 3 3/8 x 4 5/8.
- I stamped swirls in Island Indigo. These were stamped off twice.
- The kites are from Swirly Birds. They were stamped on scrap paper, cut out, and added with dimensionals. Swirly Birds is a photopolymer set, but I will admit that stamping the two parts together for me was hard. Practice first. That's one reason why they are cut out.
- The tails of the kite are stamped using the Swirly Birds set. The bows alternate in colors from Island Indigo to Mint Macaron to Tip Top Taupe.
- The sentiment is from the Balloon Builders stamp set. I think it goes nicely.
The inside of the card has another kite. Once again, I stamped the kite on scrap paper, cut it out, and glued it to the card insert. The sentiment here is from Suite Sayings. I'm so glad that set carried over to the new catalog!
Thanks so much for looking at my blog today. On Monday, the NC Demo group will have our blog hop. It actually goes live Sunday evening. The list of supplies follows. Quite a bit of it will be available June 1. Maybe you need to add to your list.