Guy cards are hard for me. I don't like orange. My husband loves orange. He grew up near Knoxville, TN and has fond memories of going to football games at UT. I decided that the TGIF Challenge was a good opportunity to challenge me.
For this card I'm featuring Night of Navy and Pumpkin Pie. In fact, I'm using the orange corrugated paper from the May Paper Pumpkin. I had left over orange since I used some of the Paper Pumpkin to make a wedding card. You can see that here. So here's my card for today.
There are lots of layers in this card. Let me give you the details.
- The base is Night of Navy card stock cut at 5 1/2 x 8 1/2, scored at 4 1/4 and folded.
- The first layer is Pumpkin Pie cut at 4 X 5 1/4.
- Next comes the navy stripe paper. This is from the Regals Designer Series Paper stack. This paper is 3 3/4 x 5.
- The smaller navy rectangle is 3 1/8 x 4 3/8.
- Finally, the corrugated piece is cut down to 3 x 4 1/4.
- Using the Hello You Thinlits, I cut the word happy from Night of Navy card stock. Glue that on to the Pumpkin Pie piece.
- The Father's Day sentiment is from the May Paper Pumpkin. It's stamped in navy on Whisper White card stock measuring 3/4 x 2 1/4.
- Using the stamp set Guy Greetings, stamp the hats in navy on white. Fussy cut these out and adhere to the card. I like the hats sitting on the word.
Here's the inside of the card. I added a row of hats across the top and the bottom. The sentiment is also from Guy Greetings. One more hat, stamped in Pumpkin Pie, is added to the insert. I did stamp that on a scrap piece, cut it out, glued it on.
So the card for my husband for Father's Day is done. I'm actually a little ahead of time! Thanks for stopping by today. Follow me on Pinterest here. See you next time.Product List