It's that time of year. Yes, it's that time when demonstrators for Stampin' Up! start wondering what will retire from the 2015-2016 catalog and what might carry over to the new catalog coming out June 1. Patty Bennett, my upline, gave our group a Facebook challenge to design a card using stamp sets we think might retire. I decided to use the stamp sets Flower Patch and Chalk Lines. Of course, right now we just don't know. The retirement list will be out on April 18th! You'll have to see if my predictions are correct. I also decided to use the #tgifc50-Sketch for the card.
Isn't it wonderful when one card can settle several items on your "to do" list? In fact, I'm also going to give this card to a friend for her birthday! Here it is!
I love black and white. But, I am trying to brighten it up a bit. Here's how I made this card.
- Start with the regular card base in Bermuda Bay. (8 1/2 x 5 1/2, scored at 4 1/4 and folded)
- Cut the layer of Everyday Chic Designer Series Paper 5 x 3 3/4. This time I wanted just a little larger border.
- The Whisper White panel is 3 1/2 x 3. I stamped the Flower Patch stamps in Bermuda Bay, Crushed Curry, Mossy Meadow, Old Olive, and Watermelon Wonder. I added Bermuda Bay Candy Dots on the Watermelon Wonder flowers. They are from the Brights Collection.
- The sentiment is from the same set, stamped in Memento Black on Whisper White, notched, and attached with dimensionals.
- I stamped using the set Chalk Lines on several strips of Whisper White using Memento Black, one 3/4" wide and one 1/2" wide. I taped these under the white panel leaving some space in between.
- A ribbon of 1/8" Bermuda Bay Stitched Ribbon was added just under the flowers.
I do love how it all turned out. On the inside I stamped a row from Chalk Lines in black along the bottom and added a couple flowers. The sentiment is from the Flower Patch set.
Let me say Happy Birthday to Faith! I hope you have a wonderful day!
So, what do you think? Will these two sets retire? What other sets do you think might go away? I'm getting so excited to see what new things we will have!
Thanks for spending a little time with me. See you Friday!