Today I am going to accept the challenge at SUO Challenge #144 Welcome Spring and their spring theme.
I made a card using the Flower Bouquet die from the annual catalog. This die has long been neglected, and it was time to pull it out.
Here's how to make this beautiful card.
- Start with a card base of Very Vanilla cut at 4 1/4 x 11, scored at 5 1/2 and folded.
- The layers are as follows: Watermelon Wonder is 3 3/4 x 5 . Going Places Designer Series Paper is 3 5/8 x 4 7/8. Very Vanilla is 3 x 3. Watermelon Wonder is 2 7/8 x 2 7/8. Going Places DSP is 2 3/4 x 2 3/4.
- The sentiment is from the stamp set Circle of Spring. I stamped it with Watermelon Wonder on Very Vanilla, hand cut the words and then mounted them on Watermelon Wonder. I cut that out by hand and attached them with dimensionals.
- I cut the flower petals from the smallest petal of the Flower Bouquet die. Five petals were cut out of Watermelon Wonder and 3 from Cucumber Crush. I stamped these with the corresponding color and the leaf vein stamp from Botanical Blooms. I also used a sponge dauber and sponged around each petal and leaf.
- These petal shapes have a slit at the bottom. Curl the petals with your bone folder. Use your glue gun to glue one slit side over the other and give the petal some depth. I glue gunned the petals around a 3/4 inch circle. Then I glued the leaves behind the flower.
- I cut about 8 or 9 of the flower centers using So Saffron. I folded them in half and kind of bunched them up from there. I used the glue gun to glue in the bottoms.
This card is not one that you would want to mail. But when you give it in person, you can see the smile on the face of your recipient.