Today I am featuring a card I made for the Global Design Project #GDP027. I've never taken part in a challenge before so I'm very excited to travel a little outside my box and maybe even stretch it a little.
This week the theme is Thank You. A thank you can be magic. It can make someone's day and yours, too. A thank you is the best! Here's my card.
The flowers on this card are made using the stamp set What I Love. It's a Sale-a-Bration set and it will only be available until March 31st. The good news is that you can get this set for free with a $50 order. What are you waiting for? So, here's how I made the card.
- Start with a card base of Lost Lagoon cut 5 1/2 x 8 1/2, scored and folded at 4 1/4. I love Lost Lagoon. You know it will be retiring soon. That is so sad!
- I used the Timeless Elegance Designer Series Paper for a layer for this card. Cut it 4 x 5 1/4.
- The square frame is cut using the Squares Collection Framelit Dies. I used the 3rd and 4th squares from the center. The frame is cut from the Timeless Elegance patterned paper,too.
- The flowers are a triple stamp. I stamped the stamp that outlines the whole flower first in Basic Black Archival ink on to Very Vanilla cardstock. For the next layer, I used the fuller stamp with Lost Lagoon ink. Stamp it off and then stamp it on your flower. The smaller looking stamp was last and stamped in Lost Lagoon full strength on the flower. Make 4 of these flowers. There's one on the inside. Sorry to say, but you must fussy cut the flowers. They are so pretty!
- Using the Botanical Builder framelits cut out leaves in Mossy Meadow and Pear Pizzazz cardstock. I cut a large and 2 smaller leaves in Mossy Meadow. I stamped the veins on the leaves and sponged around the edges with a dauber in Mossy Meadow. Use the Botanical Blooms set for this. I cut the fern leaves from Pear Pizzazz and sponged around them with Mossy Meadow, too. You know Mossy Meadow is another color that will soon retire.
- Some of my leaves and flowers are under the frame and some are on top. Play with it until you like it. I taped the items under the frame. The ones on top are put on dimensionals. The frame is also on dimensionals.
- The thanks sentiment is cut from Timeless Elegance paper using the Greetings Thinlits.
Here's the inside of the card.
- The sentiment is from the stamp set One Big Meaning and is stamped in Basic Black Archival ink.
- The leaves are stamped off and then stamped on the Very Vanilla base using Mossy Meadow. The veins are stamped in Mossy Meadow.
- Remember your extra flower? Glue it between the leaves.
I hope you will make some thank yous this week. Here in the foothills of North Carolina, flowers are beginning to bloom. I even saw a tree beginning to get its leaves today! So, make a springtime thank you and mail them too! Thanks for coming by. I'll see you on Monday!