Have you seen the Cups & Kettle framelits? Have you seen the spoon, fork, and knife? They are adorable! When you cut them from the silver foil cardstock, their cuteness is just multiplied. Love. I have used the spoon several times, but I just couldn't think of a way to use the fork and knife. I've seen all three used as a place setting for an invitation. That's really cute, but I have no intention of asking people over for a meal. I'm a let's meet at a restaurant kind of girl.
With all that said, here's my card for today.
It's time for a piece of pie. Apple, I think. See my knife and fork! Happiness.
- Start with a card base of Very Vanilla cut at 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 and scored at 4 1/4.
- I used the Farmers Market Designer Series Paper. The top patterned paper was cut at 1 3/4 x 5 1/4 and the bottom was cut at 2 1/2 x 5 1/4. Adhere the top piece first and then the bottom. It will overlap just a little.
- The pie plate is cut from silver foil cardstock using the box like die from the Hearth & Home framelit dies. Cut two and overlap them so that the rim of the pie plate is thicker. The pie will fit on it a little better that way.
- The pie uses Crumb Cake cardstock. I used the Circle Collection framelits. For the edge of the crust, use the largest circle that has the scallops and the next largest circle. Nest them together and cut. I used the 4th largest circle, from the outside, to cut the pie itself. Layer the crust on the pie to help you determine how to cut it. I think I have 12 scallops on the crust. I did sponge everything with Crumb Cake ink to make it stand out. I used dimensionals to adhere the pie to the card.
- The Tea Lace Doilies make a great fancy napkin. Just cut it in half and tape it on.
- Cut those super cute utensils from the silver foil cardstock and adhere.
- The sentiment is stamped in Blackberry Bliss onto vanilla cardstock and then punched out with the 1 1/4" Circle Punch. Use a dimensional to place it on the card. Woo Hoo! is from the Smarty Pants stamp set. It certainly fits when you are going to get pie! Smarty Pants is one of the new offerings for Sale-a-Bration. You can choose it for free with a $50 order. This offer expires after March 31st.
The inside uses the sentiment from Perfect Pennants. I stamped it in Blackberry Bliss. I made the empty plate using the Ovals Framelits for the larger oval and the L Oval Punch for the inside. The pieces for the plate are sponged in Crumb Cake. Of course another fork must garnish the plate! Pie sure can make a day wonderful!
Thanks so much for joining me today. See you on Monday!