There's a new stamp set coming and it's fantastic! I just love the saying, "Do something creative every day." The set is called Crafting Forever and here's my card for today.
As soon as I saw this set I thought of my beautiful daughter Jessie. She teaches art in a high school in Greensboro. She puts her all into her teaching and has influenced many young lives. I don't sound partial, do I? Believe me, the teaching profession needs more Jessies.
In fact, I sent this very card to Jessie this week.
- Start with a card base of Basic Black cut at 5 1/2 x 8 1/2. Score at 4 1/4.
- The background patterned paper is called Fresh Florals. Does it remind you of the Floral Boutique paper we have now in Night of Navy and White? Stampin' Up! took a few of these designs and made a paper stack with all of the new In Colors. It's cut at 4 x 5 1/4. This pattern is in the new Berry Burst.
- The black patterned paper is from the Pop of Pink Specialty paper on the Retiring List now. Cut it out with the Lots of Labels Framelits Dies.
- The cup and brushes are stamped in Basic Black Archival ink on Watercolor Paper. The colors used to paint are Bermuda Bay, Berry Burst, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, and Smoky Slate. I used the Aqua Painter.
- The sentiment is stamped on Whisper White in black and punched with the 1 3/4 inch circle punch. Punch a black circle with the 2 inch circle punch.
The inside is simple stamped with the same stamp set in Basic Black Archival ink and Berry Burst.
If you are looking at this post, you are probably a crafter. You will need this set! Put it on you Wish List right now, but you'll have to wait until June 1st to order. Thanks for looking today!