At first glance the Oh So Succulent stamp set can look a little daunting. There are so many pieces to the stamp set and to the Succulent Framelits Dies. You just have to dig in there and play. When you do, you'll see that you just love it! This is a card we made at my stamp class the past week.
First of all, I feel like I should give credit to someone for their influence on this card. I've searched Pinterest and I can't find a card close to this. If you feel it's like a card you made, please let me know. Here are the details on how to make this card.
- The card base is Watermelon Wonder measuring 4 1/4 x 11, scored at 5 1/2, and folded. This color has grown on me. I didn't like it at first. Now, I am sad that it will be retiring at the end of May. It's one of the out going In Colors.
- The Basic Black layer is 3 7/8 x 5 1/8.
- The Tip Top Taupe layer is 3 3/4 x 5. This color is also one of the retiring In Colors. Sadness. It's one of my favorites! Emboss this layer with the Festive Embossing Folder. Love this folder!
- I used the Very Vanilla 1/2" Lace Trim and the Basic Black Solid Baker's Twine down one side of the card. The bow was added with a glue dot after the panel was adhered.
- The Very Vanilla panel measures 1 1/2 x 3 1/4. Use Old Olive, Mint Macaron (another retiring In Color), Watermelon Wonder, and Tip Top Taupe to stamp the succulents. The Watermelon Wonder ones were stamped off for the center color. The great thing about this set is that you can be very careful if you wish and match up the stamps or you can stamp as you please and not worry about matching it all up. Can you tell which directions I went? Yes, the quick one! Round the corners with the Project Life Corner punch. Add the panel with dimensionals. Put part of a Lace Doily sticking out from behind.
- The sentiment is from the stamp set You're So Sweet. Does it look familiar to you? Yes, I used this very same sentiment on my post yesterday. Did you miss it? You can find it here. I loved this so much I repeated it. I really made today's card first, so yesterday was the copy.
Here's the inside of the card. I stamped more succulents. I left it with no sentiment so this card could be used for any type of occasion.
Thanks so much looking at my blog today. I hope you found something you can use. A list of products follows. I would like to let you know that the retiring In Colors often sell out way before the end of the catalog at the end of May. If you don't want to pay high Ebay prices, you might want to get your order in! Click on the product below to order!
Do you want to follow me on Facebook? Go here. Hope to see you again soon!