On Monday, I posted a sympathy card here. Today I have another one for my upcoming sympathy card class. This one features Strength & Prayers.
This card is pretty simple. I tried something new for me, though. Have you noticed black embossing powder is not in our catalog? This has bothered me. I know that the pads we have now are very juicy. Today I tried stamping the bird with the Basic Black Archival ink and then immediately added clear embossing powder. Please use your Embossing Buddy first over the area. After heating with my heat tool, the result was great! It looked just like I used black powder. So, I thought, that should work with any color, right? I stamped the sentiment in Pool Party and did the same thing. It works! Using our juicy pads and clear embossing powder makes it look like we have every color embossing powder! Life is good!
Here are the rest of the details.
- The card base is Basic Black 5 1/2 x 8 1/2, scored at 4 1/4.
- The Tempting Turquoise layer is 3 x 3 3/4.
- The Shimmery White layer is 2 3/4 x 3 1/2.
- Cut a Lace Doily in half and put part at each end.
- Using the Aqua Painter add a little Tempting Turquoise ink to the bird. Just press the lid of your pad and get some ink in the lid.
Here's the inside straight from the stamp set.
This card is simple and elegant, and you just need one stamp set!
This card would not have to be sympathy, but for anyone in need of your thoughts. So many people need our love.
Thanks so much for taking a look at my post today. I know your time is important. My supply list follows. Need something? Just click below.Product List