I'm part of the Scholarship Committee at church. As usual, I volunteered to make cards for the recipients of a scholarship. They'll be given during the church service when the students are acknowledged for receiving a scholarship, just so they'll have a little something in hand. The recipients are from various high schools in the area. I wanted to make a card that would work for all, so I went with the classic black and white.
- The card base is Basic Black card stock measuring 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 and scored at 4 1/4.
- The Whisper White layer is 4 x 5 1/4. Run it through the Big Shot with the Softly Falling Embossing Folder.
- Using the Large Numbers Framelits, cut 2017 from Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper. Adhere using the Foam Adhesive Strips.
- Cut the congrats in Basic Black using the Sunshine Wishes Thinlits. You'll need the Fine-Tip Glue Pen to adhere.
- The balloons are stamped in black on white card stock scraps. The stamps are from the Happy Birthday, Gorgeous stamp set. They coordinate with the Balloon Bouquet Punch. Punch them out. I used the Foam Adhesive Strips for this also. The strips are just a little thicker than dimensionals. I wanted everything to pop the same.
- Draw in the strings for the balloons using the Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker.
I would like to take complete credit for this card, but I can't. I was strongly influenced by a card I saw on Pinterest. I've been searching and I just can't find it. If you know, I would love for you to make a comment so I can give credit.
Did you know you can follow my Facebook Business Page? You can do it here. Thanks for stopping by today.