It's truly spring! The leaves are out. In my yard, the Crepe Myrtle trees are the last to get their leaves. Mine always seem to be a little behind the others in the neighborhood. Maybe they are a different species. The leaves are out everywhere! I just love it! Today my mind turned to the leaves. Here's my card.
I usually take my pictures outside. I seem to do better. Today it's raining and I've waited to the last minute. Please be patient with me. I just got a new stamp set, Artistically Asian. The sentiment is from that set. I was happy to see that it would be in the new catalog.
- The card base is Always Artichoke. It measures 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 and scored at 4 1/4.
- The next layer is Pear Pizzazz cut at 4 x 5 1/4.
- The Whisper White layer is 3 3/4 x 5. I ran it through the Big Shot with the Petal Burst Embossing Folder.
- As I said before the Artistically Asian set was used for the sentiment. I stamped in Versamark, sprinkled in Gold Emboss Powder, and used the Heat Tool to set. Cut the sentiment with the Stitched Shapes Framelits Dies, an oval. Put dimensionals on the back of the oval and attach some of the Gold Thread to the back so that it hangs over the sides. Adhere to the card.
- The leaves are stamped on Watercolor Paper. Stamp in Always Artichoke, Old Olive, and Pear Pizzazz. Using the Aqua Painter, paint over each leaf. Stay inside the lines and drag the color. Cut out each leaf with the Leaflets Framelits Dies. The larger leaf on top is adhered with dimensionals.
- Tie a Gold Thread bow. I did use one of the wooden bow tiers. That thread can be a little hard to handle.
For the inside of the card I just glued in another leaf.
I know just the person that needs this card. It's hard when we are second guessing God, but it sure happens, doesn't it.
Thanks so much for checking in with me today. I appreciate it. Feel free to order any supplies you need to make this card!Product List