We know the new Sprinkles punch is great for shaker cards, but today I have something a little different. Yes, I will admit that it's a little labor intensive as one of my customers likes to say. But, it's really cute. Here's the card.
It's pretty easy to make. It just takes a little time to glue everything into place. Here are the details.
- The card base is Night of Navy cut at 5 1/2 x 8 1/2, scored at 4 1/4, and folded.
- The Cucumber Crush layer measures 4 x 5 1/4.
- The Whisper White layer measures 3 7/8 x 5 1/8. Emboss this white layer with the Sparkle Embossing Folder.
- Punch sprinkles with the Sprinkles punch several times. Use Night of Navy, Cucumber Crush, and Real Red. Place these around the card and glue. I suggest using the Fine Tip Glue Pen. Since there is a banner going across, you might not want to worry so much with the center of the card. It's all right to have some of the sprinkles go off the page. Just turn your work over and you can easily see where you need to trim.
- For the banner, you'll need a strip of Whisper White cut 1 1/4 x 5 1/2 and a strip of Night of Navy cut 1 1/2 x 5 1/2. Adhere the two.
- For the congrats, I used the Sunshine Wishes Thinlit set. I cut one from Cucumber Crush and three from Thick Whisper White. Glue them together with the Fine Tip Glue Pen with the green on top. This allows for a really thick sentiment that stands out. Decorate the rest of the strip with sprinkles.
- Adhere the strip to the white layer. It will stick out on each side a little. Turn your paper to the back so you can see where to trim. Then assemble the card.
On the inside of the card, I used a sentiment from the Designer Tin of Cards stamp set. I added a few more of the sprinkles.
I often show my creations to my husband, John. He is so nice to actually take the time to look. He sometimes has some great suggestions. When I showed him this card, he immediately said he had the perfect person to send it to. I hope they enjoy it!
Thanks so much for stopping by today. Don't forget to check back on Monday for a special blog hop! Supplies follow!Product List