Thursday again! And so we have the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge #459. This week we had a sketch to follow.
As soon as I saw the doily in the sketch, I knew I had to use the new Eastern medallion framelits. Here is my card.
Just to be honest, this is the first card I've made with the Baby Bear stamp set. I've had it a long time, but I just couldn't make the layers match. It's a triple stamp set. Then recently Connie Stewart had a blog post about using the Stamp-A-Ma-Jig with this stamp set. Duh! It has opened a whole new world for me. I will use this stamp set! Thanks, Connie.
I have another reason to use Baby Bear. My niece Alison told us all at Easter that she is expecting her first in October. I wanted to send a congrats card to Alison and DJ. can you tell it's going to be a boy!
Here are the details of the card.
- The card base is Thick Whisper White cut at 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 and scored at 4 1/4.
- The Dapper Denim layer measures 3 1/8 x 4 3/8.
- The patterned paper is the Color Theory Designer Series Paper Stack. One side has a crackle effect. That's what I used and it's cut at 3 x 4 1/4.
- The doily is cut from the same patterned paper pack. It's a contrasting piece of crackle paper. I used the Eastern Medallion Thinlits Dies. I cut this using 3 of the dies one inside the other.
- The banner is from the same paper pack. This piece has an ombre effect. It measures 7/8 x 5 1/4. Notch the end.
- The bear is stamped on Whisper White. First use Crumb Cake for the most solid stamp. Then use Soft Suede for the middle layer. Finally use Early Espresso for the last layer. It's the one that is the least solid. As I said, use the Stamp-A-Ma-Jig for this. You will have to fussy cut the bear.
- Use Dapper Denim for the bow. Stamp off for the solid image. For the more detailed image use the color as is. Again, I used the Stamp-A-Ma-Jig. Fussy cut the bow, too. Adhere with a dimensional.
- The sentiment is stamped in Dapper Denim on Whisper White. Cut it out with the Stitched Shapes Framelits. Adhere with dimensionals.
The sentiment on the inside is from Sunshine Sayings and the image is from Moon Baby.
Now, I need to address and mail this card. I'm excited to become a great aunt again! (My sister's first grandchild!)
Now that you know how to stamp this bear easily, you are going to want it. Check out the product list below. Click to go to my store.Product List