For the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge #470, we have a sketch. Here it is.
This is a great card it you need something in a hurry. The sketch is pretty simple. Here's my card.
And here are the directions.
- The card base is Thick Whisper White cut at 4 1/4 x 11 and scored at 5 1/2.
- The patterned paper is from the Coffee Break Designer Series Paper. Cut it at 2 1/4 x 5 1/2. I always use the lines on my grid paper to help line up designer paper.
- Use Whisper White card stock and Basic Black Archival Ink to stamp the light bulb. It comes from the stamp set Watts of Occasions. I love this stamp set. Do you think it might have something to do with the fact that my dad was an electrician? Cut out using the Layering Circles Framelit dies. After the black has had time to dry, use the So Saffron ink pad and a dauber to sponge some color on the light bulb. Let it shine a little light! Color in the heart with the Real Red Stampin' Write Marker from the Brights collection.
- Cut a scalloped circle from Real Red also using the Layering Circles Framelits. Adhere the light bulb and then put it all on dimensionals.
- The sentiment is from the same stamp set. Stamp it in Real Red. This is one of those red rubber sets. To make sure that the words were exactly where I wanted them, I used the Stamp-a-ma-jig.
Here's the inside of the card, all from Watts of Occasions.
I love how this card turned out, simple, but cute. Sometimes I have trouble making the simple cards. That's why I love being on the Thursday team. Need some supplies? My Product List follows. A simple click will take you to my store! Thanks for stopping by my blog today.