We have a great sketch to share with you at the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge.
When I saw those frames, I immediately thought of the little pigs from This Little Piggy. I also wanted to use the Embossing paste with them.
This is one of those break out in a big smile cards. I just love how it looks. Here are the details.
- The card base is Blushing Bride cut at 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 and scored at 4 1/4.
- The Early Espresso layer is 3 5/8 x 4 7/8.
- The next layer comes from the Wood Textures Designer Series Paper Stack. The size is 3 1/2 x 4 3/4.
- Stamp the pigs in Basic Black Archival Ink on Blushing Bride card stock. You'll need to stamp the three pigs. We will use one of them on the inside of the card. You do have to fussy cut these.
- The frames were also cut from patterned paper from the Wood Textures stack. Use the layering squares for the squares. They are the same size. The square to the back is glued down and the other square is adhered using the Foam Adhesive Strips. I did cut away part of the bottom square that would show inside the other square.
- Before attaching the squares, it's time to get muddy! Use the new Embossing Paste. Put a little on the silicone square and add a drop of Crumb Cake Ink Refill. Mix it up. Figure out where the squares will go and then add the mud. You'll also need to muddy up the pigs a little. Make sure you look at the inside of the card. There's more mud and you might as well do it all at one time. Remember to clean the silicone mat and tools as quickly as you can before they dry.
- When the paste is dry go ahead and adhere the frames and pigs. The bottom pig is glued down. The top one is on dimensionals.
- Party Time is stamped in Early Espresso on a piece of Whisper White repeatedly, cut to size and added with Foam Adhesive Strip to make it the same height as the frame. Mine is 3/4 x 5. This sentiment is from the Happy Birthday, Gorgeous stamp set.
You know, this inside would make a great outside for a card, too. The words are from Happy Birthday, Gorgeous.
You'll go hog wild over this card! Sorry, but I just had to say that. I am loving the This Little Piggy set. In fact, I'll have another pig card tomorrow so come back, please.