I love Thursdays. I get to share another card for the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge. This time we are using Berry Burst, Island Indigo, and Pear Pizzazz.
I saw this technique on Pinterest and have wanted to try it. I do not know whose card it was, but let me say this is not an original idea. If it was your card, please let me know and I'll add your name. Anyway, here is my card.
This card has a lot of layers. Let's get started.
- The card base is Island Indigo measuring 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 and scored at 4 1/4.
- The Whisper White layer is 3 3/4 x 5.
- The Berry Burst layer is 3 5/8 x 4 7/8.
- Another Whisper White layer is 3 3/8 x 4 5/8. That's a lot of layers, but they just look so pretty!
- Here's how to make the strips for the front. Use a piece of Whisper White. Mine measures 3 7/8 x 4 3/4. I'm not sure there was a reason for these measurements. It's probably a piece already cut that size. Cut strips from Pear Pizzazz, Berry Burst, and Island Indigo 1/2 inch wide. Glue them onto the white. Mine are 1/4 inch apart. Hint: Use your grid paper to help you glue these straight.
- Once this is done, cut your paper with the trimmer. Each strip will be 1/2 inch wide.
- Use Foam Adhesive Strips on the back. Find the center of the last white layer and begin there putting down the first strip. I then put the outer strips. Place the final two in between in the space left. Stagger each strip. You will need to trim the length where you want it.
- Stamp the badge from Badges & Banners in Berry Burst on Whisper White and punch it out with the Best Badge Punch. Use glue dots to adhere. Add some of the new Mini Gold Sequin Trim behind it first.
Here's the inside of the card. I added a left over strip to the bottom. I stamped the badge in Island Indigo on white and punched it out. In hind sight, you could actually just stamp that on your paper. The No. 1 was stamped in Pear Pizzazz on white and punched out with the 1 3/8 inch circle punch. Glue down.
This was a fun process. I like how it turned out. It was a little time consuming.
Thanks for stopping by today. Don't forget that it's Bonus Days!