Today on the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge, we have a sketch.
Here is my take on the sketch.
I did add a few extra leaves. I just couldn't stop myself. My card features the Oh, So Eclectic bundle. It has become one of my favorites.
- The card base is Basic Black card stock cut at 5 1/2 x 8 1/2, scored at 4 1/4, and folded in half.
- The black and white patterned paper comes from the Pick a Pattern Designer Series Paper. It measures 4 x 5 1/4.
- The strip of Fresh Fig patterned paper across the card measures 3/4 x 4 1/4 and is from the Eastern Palace Specialty Designer Series Paper.
- The olive diagonal stripe paper is from the Delightful Daisy Designer Series Paper. It measures 3 x 4. There is a thin Old Olive stripe on the left side measuring 3/4 x 4. I stamped it randomly with the leaf stamp from Oh, So Eclectic. Overlap the designer paper until just a little is showing.
- The flowers are part of the Eclectic Layers Thinlits. Cut them out of Whisper White card stock and then cut around the flowers using the Stitched Shapes Framelits Dies. Punch two circles from the fig paper from Eastern Palace Specialty using the 1 3/4 inch circle punch. Adhere the flowers using dimensionals. You'll have to cut those to fit in small spaces.
- Stamp the leaves in Old Olive on matching card stock three times, cut out with the thinlits and place on the card. I did use dimensionals on a few of the leaves to make them stand out.
- The sentiment is stamped in Archival Basic Black ink. It's from Oh, So Eclectic.
The sentiment inside the card is from Oh, So Eclectic. Add a flower, this time cutting around the outside of it, from the fig patterned paper and another leaf.
Don't you just love the flowers on the front of this card! So pretty! I don't know why I love the look of black and white, but I do. The Old Olive and Fresh Fig add the perfect contrast!
Thanks for stopping by today. I do appreciate it. My Product List follows. I hope you'll go to my online store if there is something you want.