Hello again and welcome to the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge! Today I have a cute little card for you. Our challenge is to use a layout from this picture in the 2017-2108 annual Stampin' Up! catalog.
I chose to use the layout on the upper right corner. This card is simple, and it actually brings into play a Christmas set called Santa's Sleigh and the matching Santa's Sleigh Framelits Dies. Don't you just love it when you can use a Christmas set for something not Christmas!
I love the mountains! I've been thinking for a while that the trees in Santa's Sleigh would be great with the chair from the Seasonal Layers Thinlits Dies. I think this card is just restful.
- The card base is Early Espresso cut at 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 and scored at 4 1/4.
- The wood patterned paper is from the Wood Textures Designer Series Paper Stack. It's cut at 3 1/2 x 5 1/2. I am thinking that we will make this card in my July class. If so, I'll change this measurement to 3 x 5 1/2. That way you can get two cards out of one of the 6 x 6 sheets from the stack.
- Use Garden Green, Old Olive, and Pear Pizzazz card stock. Stamp the tree on all of them in Garden Green ink with the Santa's Sleigh stamp set. Cut them out using the Santa's Sleigh Framelits.
- The sentiment is from The Colorful Seasons stamp set. Use a 1/2 inch Whisper White scrap. It's 4 inches long and notched on the ends. Stamp in Cajun Craze.
- The chair is part of the Seasonal Layers Thinlits Dies. Cut it in Cajun Craze.
That's all there is to it. Pretty simple.
Here's the inside of the card. I just couldn't resist adding a tree and chair there, too. The words inside are from the stamp set Just Add Text. It has great sayings!
Thanks for stopping by today. The Colorful Seasons stamp set and the Seasonal Layers Thinlits Dies can be purchased as a bundle for a 10% savings. It is definitely one of my favorites from the new catalog. I was also glad to dust off a Christmas set and put it to use!