Good morning! Can you believe that it's already time for the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge? We are exploring the brand new 2017-2018 Stampin' Up! catalog. Today we are using a picture from page 18.
I'm using the layout for my card this week.
Yes, the Daisy punch is not orderable, but the Daisy Delight stamp set has a lot of merit on its own. Isn't this a cute card?
- The card base is Calypso Coral card stock cut to 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 and scored at 4 1/4. Stamp the leaf in Calypso Coral ink here and there over the card front.
- Use the Delightful Daisy Designer Series Paper. I used three rectangles of different print. The top one measures 1 x 4 1/4. The middle one is 1/2 x 4, and the bottom one measures 1 1/4 x 4 7/8. That sounds a little weird for the last measurement, but it's a piece of scrap that was already cut from another project. Layer these pieces on the front of the card.
- The daisies are stamped on Whisper White card stock using Calypso Coral and Old Olive. The solid part of the daisy is stamped on scrap paper first and then on the project. I did not really match up the daisy and the background perfectly, but I think it looks fine. Add the stems. I had to make a mask for the flower on the right when I added in the stems. Just stamp the flower on a piece of sticky note. Fussy cut the sticky flower and place it on top of the original one. Then stamp the stem. Remove the mask and it looks like the stem goes behind the flower. Use the circle from the Stitched Shapes Framelits to cut out the daisies. Cut a larger circle using the Layering Circles Framelits from Old Olive to use as a frame. Adhere to each other.
- Put dimensionals on the back of the daisies. Using the Gold Metallic Thread, loop it around 4 of your fingers 4 or 5 times. Gently put it off of your fingers and attach to the dimensionals. Move it around until you like the effect. Attach to the card.
- The sentiment is from the Colorful Seasons stamp set. Rub the Embossing Buddy across a piece of scrap 1/2 inch wide. Stamp the words in Versamark and cover with gold embossing powder. Melt the powder using the Heat Tool. Notch the ends of the banner and attach to the daisy circle.
Here's the inside of the card. Stamp the daisies again. This time I didn't need to use a mask. The sentiment is from the Ribbon of Courage.
Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you enjoyed my card.