What a fabulous day! We say hello to our 2017-2018 annual catalog. You can start ordering today at noon Mountain Time. I can't wait! I'm also having class today, so I get to spend the afternoon with stampers! Yeah! To add to the excitement, it's Thursday! That means that it's Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge day. This month, we will CASE using the new catalog. We are using a card from page 30 of the catalog today.
This week I had a little trouble getting my mojo. Of course I had to use something brand new in the catalog. I settled on Crafting Forever, and I wanted to use the Pick a Pattern Designer Series Paper. They just compliment each other. I'm just not sure about the outcome. It's a little busy for me. It may border on the tacky, in fact. You'll have to let me know what you think of it. I also decided to try a square card.
If you like lots of patterns, then this card is for you!
- The card base is 4 x 8 and scored at 4. This gives you a 4 inch square card. I used Emerald Envy card stock.
- The patterned background paper measures 3 7/8 x 3 7/8.
- The Emerald Envy rectangle measures 2 1/4 x 3. It's layered on a piece of designer paper measuring 1 1/4 x 2 1/4. Near the bottom of the envy card stock is another piece of patterned paper measuring 1 x 2 1/4.
- Tie Linen Thread around the card. I went around twice and tied it in a knot.
- The cup of paint brushes was stamped with Basic Black Archival Ink on Whisper White. Stamp it again getting the cup on yet another piece of patterned paper. Cut that cup out and glue it on top of the white cup. Color in the paint brushes with your Aqua Painter. Be sure you don't have too much water coming out of the pen. I used Flirty Flamingo, Emerald Envy, and Crushed Curry ink. Fussy cut the cup and brushes. That did take some time. Attach using dimensionals. I had to cut some dimensionals in half. Did you notice that we now have Mini Stampin' Dimensionals on page 203 of the new catalog? I will order these!
Here's the inside of the card. The sentiment is stamped in Flirty Flamingo. The scissors were stamped on Emerald Envy card stock in black. I did fussy cut again.
Since this was a square card, I had to make my own envelope using the Envelope Punch Board.
I did use the Pick a Pattern Designer Series Paper again. So let me know what you think. Is it cute or tacky? Please be kind.
Thanks so much for coming by today. Be sure to follow my business page on Facebook here. You can also follow me on Pinterest here. If you don't have a demonstrator and you need a catalog, contact me. I will send you one!