The Color Fusers are back with a new blog hop! I'm so excited! We've taken a few months off, but we're back and ready to show off some of the new products in the new annual catalog! Color is our thing.
This month we are using the colors Basic Gray, Bermuda Bay, Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry, and Whisper White. We are allowed to leave out a color if we wish, so I am omitting Old Olive this time. Here is my card.
I'm featuring two new stamp sets this time, Happy Birthday, Gorgeous and Label Me Pretty. I'll also be using the Pretty Label punch. More on that later.
- The card base is Basic Gray card stock. It measures 5 1/2 x 8 1/2. Score it at 4 1/4 and fold.
- You'll need a piece of Whisper White cut at 1 1/2 x 4 1/4.
- Stamp the curly balloon string on the gray base and on the white piece wherever you like. This adds a little interest to the background.
- The two balloon stamps are found in the Happy Birthday, Gorgeous stamp set. Stamp them in Bermuda Bay and Rich Razzleberry on Whisper White. They pair with the smaller balloon on the Balloon Bouquet punch. After punching them out, sponge around the outside with the matching ink.
- The sentiment is from the Label Me Pretty stamp set. Stamp the label design on white using Bermuda Bay. Punch it out with the Pretty Label punch. These two are available as a bundle. You can save 10%! The words are stamped in Rich Razzleberry on white. Punch it out with the 1 1/4 circle punch. Make a frame by punching Bermuda Bay with the 1 3/8 circle. Glue it all in the center.
- A frame is made for the label by punching two of the labels from Rich Razzleberry. Cut them in half, one the short way and the other the long way.
- Glue the ones for the top and bottom sticking out a little and then glue the ones that go on the sides. They'll also stick out a little.
- Did you notice the Rich Razzleberry twine? I took the Solid Whisper White Baker's twine and dyed it. I did it by putting the twine across the pad and rubbing with a dauber to color it and just repeating until all was colored. Now, I must admit that this did not work perfectly. It looks great on the card, but it was a mess. I allowed the string to dry overnight, but it still left color on the card. Here's the inside after the card was closed.
See the line across the card? It could be because this color is so dark. If you have the answer to this dilemma, please make a comment. We all want to know! I'm thinking that next time I'll try spritzing the twine. The stamping inside the card are all using the Happy Birthday, Gorgeous stamp set. This set also has the Happy Birthday Thinlits that pair with it. I did not use them in this card, but it's the Happy Birthday words in a really cool font. You will want it. This also comes in a bundle with 10% off.
Thanks so much for stopping by today and please continue on the hop. Melissa Kerman is next on the list. She is so so talented! You don't want to miss it! Don't forget to go to the product list to order any needed supplies. Hey, and follow me on Pinterest here.
Blog Hop List
- Paola Phillips
- Jo Anne Hewins You are here.
- Melissa Kerman
- Robin Messenheimer
- Pat Ertman
- Debbie Henderson
- Cindee Wilkinson
- Sarah Wills
- Barb Mullikin
- Tammy Civello